Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster » Error when switching to Kepler(Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element)
Error when switching to Kepler [message #1074281] Fri, 26 July 2013 08:18 Go to next message
Bernard SARTER is currently offline Bernard SARTER
Messages: 75
Registered: August 2011
Location: Paris, France
Member
Hello,

I've a Jenkins + Buckminster headless build system, that creates a p2 site from a feature project.
With buckminster 4.2, everything works fine. I wanted to switch to buckminster 4.3 (routine maintenance).

Now I have dozen of messages like this:

[0]Included element com.ibm.icu 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.
...

The p2 site is created, but Jenkins reports that:
Build step 'Run Buckminster' marked build as failure.

I saw this post: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/457252/, and also this bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=402230, which is marked as fixed, but by downloading a fresh buckminster 4.3 this morning (in July), I still have the problem.

By switching back to Juno 4.2, everything is fine again. Shall I open a new bug or is there something else to do on my side ?

Best regards,
Bernard.
Re: Error when switching to Kepler [message #1074340 is a reply to message #1074281] Fri, 26 July 2013 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas Hallgren
Messages: 3214
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Bernard,

Please open a bug for this.

Thanks,
- thomas

On 2013-07-26 14:18, Bernard SARTER wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've a Jenkins + Buckminster headless build system, that creates a p2 site from a feature project. With buckminster 4.2,
> everything works fine. I wanted to switch to buckminster 4.3 (routine maintenance).
>
> Now I have dozen of messages like this:
>
> [0]Included element com.ibm.icu 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.
> ...
>
> The p2 site is created, but Jenkins reports that:
> Build step 'Run Buckminster' marked build as failure.
>
> I saw this post: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/457252/, and also this bug
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=402230, which is marked as fixed, but by downloading a fresh buckminster
> 4.3 this morning (in July), I still have the problem.
>
> By switching back to Juno 4.2, everything is fine again. Shall I open a new bug or is there something else to do on my
> side ?
>
> Best regards,
> Bernard.
>
[Resolved]: Error when switching to Kepler [message #1074959 is a reply to message #1074340] Sun, 28 July 2013 04:57 Go to previous message
Bernard SARTER is currently offline Bernard SARTER
Messages: 75
Registered: August 2011
Location: Paris, France
Member
Okay, I could finally isolate the problem:

So far, my main feature included a (wrong/useless) reference to a test bundle, that is itself (independently) built as a eclipse product by buckminster.

Obviously, having this reference wasn't a concern with Juno, but is now reported as being a problem with Kepler ... with dozen of cryptic error messages, but crytpic error messages are part of the charm of buckminster Wink.

By removing this useless reference to my test bundle, I could built the main feature with Kepler without further problems.

BR,
Bernard.
Previous Topic:building RCP Product
Next Topic:Git branches
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Jul 24 11:30:44 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02042 seconds