Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Starting an AUT again after exiting it during test progression
Starting an AUT again after exiting it during test progression [message #1074224] Fri, 26 July 2013 10:07 Go to next message
Janine Kayser is currently offline Janine KayserFriend
My Problem ist actually quite simple. I have an rcp-application and I m using Jubula Standalone 7.1 and all I want to do is to test whether my modified Exit-Dialog works the way its supposed to. So I need a way to start my AUT again after I exited it.

Until now all I found was the restart_app command which very likely will not work for me since the AUT is already closed when I try to execute this Test Step.

I m pretty sure that I m not the only one with this problem so please give me a hint I would really appreciate it.

Regards

Janine
Re: Starting an AUT again after exiting it during test progression [message #1074251 is a reply to message #1074224] Fri, 26 July 2013 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi Janine,

try using the ub_app_prepareForAUTTermination and ub_app_synchronizeAUTTerminationAndRe-Start modules.
Regards
Oliver
Re: Starting an AUT again after exiting it during test progression [message #1074292 is a reply to message #1074251] Fri, 26 July 2013 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Oliver,

I can't find these modules in my unbound modules pack (version 6.1). Is there a more recent version than the one I have or do I have to do something special to activate those modules?

Regards
Janine

Re: Starting an AUT again after exiting it during test progression [message #1075267 is a reply to message #1074292] Mon, 29 July 2013 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi Janine,

these modules can be found in the unbound modules 7.1 so I think now might be right time to update your used versions Wink . If you have any trouble updating your libraries (some deprecated actions have been removed) we were happy to you. You can contact BREDEX e.g. via http://testing.bredex.de/.
Regards
Oliver
Re: Starting an AUT again after exiting it during test progression [message #1075305 is a reply to message #1075267] Mon, 29 July 2013 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Oliver,

Updating the used versions was no trouble but now I m still having the Problem that I can't get my AUT to restart the way I want it to.
The Dialog I want to test is similar to the Eclipse-Dialog that pops up when closing Eclipse but as soon as I confirm that shutdown Jubula doesn't mark this step as succesfully executed but stays in the "now testing"-state so the re-start will not be executed.

My Test-Steps were the following:
Opeening Dialog->Prepare for Termination->Confirm Exit-Dialog->Synchronized Re-Start

Is this the wrong order or can I do something against getting stuck at the point where I confirm the Termination?

Regards
Janine
Re: Starting an AUT again after exiting it during test progression [message #1077172 is a reply to message #1075305] Thu, 01 August 2013 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi, can you post the test results of a case when this happens?

Thanks,
Alex
Re: Starting an AUT again after exiting it during test progression [message #1080066 is a reply to message #1077172] Mon, 05 August 2013 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Every time I execute this test I have to stop it manually and it just gets stuck. Am I using the test-cases in the wrong order or do you have any clue what's the cause of this.

Regards
Janine
Re: Starting an AUT again after exiting it during test progression [message #1080739 is a reply to message #1080066] Tue, 06 August 2013 10:29 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

what's odd here is that the test doesn't get as far as the action that should close the AUT. It stops before that. Can you reproduce the problem when you work with clicks instead of key combinations?

From your earlier post, it also sounds like you're trying to test the dialog that appears once Eclipse is actually closing. If that's the case, then that won't be possible. You need to use e.g. File/Exit as the AUT shutdown, and follow the step that will close the AUT with the synchronize... action.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Select multiple entry in a tree
Next Topic:Testing a system tray item
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:13:35 GMT 2024