Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Auto edit strategy with ID's
Auto edit strategy with ID's [message #1074022] Fri, 26 July 2013 00:20 Go to next message
Erick Fonseca is currently offline Erick FonsecaFriend
I need to implement an auto edit strategy which should have ID's in its context. My DSL has something like this:

'function' name=ID ':'
FunctionBody
'end'

So, I need to check when the user typed "function", followed by an ID and a colon, and only then auto complete the "end" keyword. Is it possible?

I looked into the DefaultAutoEditStrategyProvider, but it only seemed capable of autoediting predetermined tokens. Also, SingleLineTerminalsStrategy and MultiLineTerminalsEditStrategy seemed to ignore strategies triggered by a keyword. Is there a way around?
Re: Auto edit strategy with ID's [message #1074128 is a reply to message #1074022] Fri, 26 July 2013 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Nittka is currently offline Alexander NittkaFriend
Hi,

the provider is just for registering the strategies to be used. You can add any IAutoEditStrategy (have a look at their implementations).

However, I would use a simpler approach:

1. provide a template for a function.
2. the auto edit strategy inserts end already when "function" is typed. This may even be achieved using the multilineTerminals in the provider (not tested).

Alex
Re: Auto edit strategy with ID's [message #1074428 is a reply to message #1074128] Fri, 26 July 2013 18:59 Go to previous message
Erick Fonseca is currently offline Erick FonsecaFriend
Thank you for your suggestion, I'm trying templates now. They're probably better for my case.
As for inserting function/end with the multilineTerminals, it is not possible. It ignores auto edit rules containing keywords, I'm not sure why.
Previous Topic:xtext unusably slow for editing and building certain kinds of grammars
Next Topic:validation order
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 30 13:45:44 GMT 2016