Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to build a Template like javadoc in jdt and cdt(How to build a autocompletion feature like javadoc in jdt and cdt)
How to build a Template like javadoc in jdt and cdt [message #1071145] Fri, 19 July 2013 12:42 Go to next message
Nikhil chulli is currently offline Nikhil chulliFriend
I am trying to incorporate feature similar to JavaDoc in my Java and C/C++ editor. Suppose I type "ABC" and press enter, it should be auto completed as
   /*
    * ABCD
    * XYZ
    */

I have to do it programmatically. What are the ways that I can achieve this?
Re: How to build a Template like javadoc in jdt and cdt [message #1079378 is a reply to message #1071145] Sun, 04 August 2013 13:34 Go to previous message
Tanmay Wani is currently offline Tanmay WaniFriend
Hi Nikhil,

You can do this using the JET (Java Emitter Template) and JDT tools of eclipse. JET is an eclipse tool which is frequently used to generate templates for various types of source files like java, xml, etc.. I don't know CDT actually, but I can tell you that writing a JET code is really simple. A JET code is a normal JSP (Java Server Page) code consisting of scriptlets, expressions, directives. You can browse through eclipse help for more information on JET, and compare both JDT and CDT to know which is easy and comfortable for you. But as far as I know, JET can generate any type of source code template.

To use JET, you need to have the JETBuilder plugin in addtion to JET the plugin, to compile the source code generated using JET. I think, when you install the plugin through eclipse's 'Install new software' feature, all the dependent JET plugins will also be installed.

Thanks and Regards,
Tanmay Wani
Previous Topic:AST Newbee Question
Next Topic:out of heap while building large workspace - fixed with increased heap
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:48:34 GMT 2024