Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » How to make Eclipse CDT index c++11?
How to make Eclipse CDT index c++11? [message #1070780] Thu, 18 July 2013 16:53 Go to next message
Chris Leisure is currently offline Chris LeisureFriend
I read that faq that comes up as a google search, which is out of date, and also links to a page where it talks about adding it a different way but that way doesn't exist or I can't find it. I'm using the very latest Eclipse CDT version. How and where can I set it up so that the IDE will know about c++11 stuff like unique_ptr and whatever else.

I already added the -std=c++11 tag to the compiler so it does already compile c++11 code just fine, it's only the IDE that needs it.
Re: How to make Eclipse CDT index c++11? [message #1070785 is a reply to message #1070780] Thu, 18 July 2013 17:14 Go to previous message
Programmist Setevik is currently offline Programmist SetevikFriend
Visit:

Project Properties->C/C++ General->Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros->[Providers] tab->your Built-in Compiler Settings provider (toolchain dependent).
Click on "Workspace Settings" link which gets you to "Settings" property page, select [Discovery] tab and your provider again. There is "Command to get compiler specs", add "-std=c++0x" in there.

Has to be
-std=c++0x

not
-std=c++1
Previous Topic:Linking Armadillo
Next Topic:How do you get a custom editor to be invoked instead of CSourceNotFoundEditor?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:21:26 GMT 2024