Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » QuickDiff - using specific SVN revision as a reference source
QuickDiff - using specific SVN revision as a reference source [message #1070649] Thu, 18 July 2013 11:48 Go to next message
Shane Kelly is currently offline Shane KellyFriend
I work within a multi-developer team, currently using SVN, and we tend to create separate branches for each task that we work on. Some tasks may only involve a small number of simple changes, but others may be more significant. Some members commit changes to their code often whilst others, like me, tend to save my commit until right near the end when the work is done because I like to be able to see the complete list of files I've changed, and Quick Diff highlighting of where I've added, deleted, modified code. If I commit changes in the branch as I go along, I loose that. I can always refer to the SVN log history to see the changes, but its nice to be able to see them directly in Eclipse.

So, my question is this - is it possible to configure Quick Diff to use a specific revision as its reference source - in my case, the revision associated with the creation of the branch. Unless I'm missing something it doesn't seem to be available - the options I get at present are:

• Version On Disk
  • A Git Revision
  • Latest CVS Revision
  • Pristine SVN Copy

None of those options seem to allow me to specify a specific revision. The 'A Git revision' option sounds like the sort of thing I want - but I'm using Subversion. Any ideas? Have I overlooked something incredibly obvious?

Regards,

Shane
Re: QuickDiff - using specific SVN revision as a reference source [message #1070660 is a reply to message #1070649] Thu, 18 July 2013 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Please ask the guys developing the SVN plug-in you are using (subversive or subclipse).

I can only give the generic answer: why not do an explicit "Compare with > Revision or URL" ?
Re: QuickDiff - using specific SVN revision as a reference source [message #1070687 is a reply to message #1070660] Thu, 18 July 2013 13:21 Go to previous message
Shane Kelly is currently offline Shane KellyFriend
Will do. Thanks.

With regard to your question - although technically I could use Compare with - (I feel) its much less convenient/visual than Quick Diff.
Previous Topic:Exported tableLayout only shows header - works fine in Emulator
Next Topic:How to do Java Networking across the network?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:58:04 GMT 2024