Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Generate equivalent Java statement from XBlockExpression using IGenerator(How to generate code for a function entered in my dsl using MyDslGenerator)
Generate equivalent Java statement from XBlockExpression using IGenerator [message #1070547] Thu, 18 July 2013 07:33 Go to next message
Priya Sabut is currently offline Priya SabutFriend
Hi All,

I am new to Xtext. I am using Xtext to understand my dsl language and from the DSL entered I will be generating code(java) based on the input dsl entered.

In the same dsl along with my own customized language I am using functions to apply conditions on some elements, where function body is of XBlockExpression type.

Function:
{Function}
'function' name=QualifiedName '(' (params+=FullJvmFormalParameter (',' params+=FullJvmFormalParameter)*)? ')'
':' type = JvmTypeReference
body=XBlockExpression
;
I can get the java equivalent of the function using MyDslJvmModelInferrer.xtend, but whatever code I am generating is not a typical JavaBean type class where I have getters, setters etc, rather I have to write other different stuffs. For that I have to write textual content into the template.

For the above reason I am using MyDslGenerator.xtend to generate java file which supports textual file templating and I am successfully generation my code. But when I process my function I get the body as XEpression object and not finding a way get java equivalent of the function body inside my generator Sad .

Is there a way to extract the java equivalent from a XBlockExpression inside MyDslGenerator.xtend ?

Looking for your help.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Generate equivalent Java statement from XBlockExpression using IGenerator [message #1070571 is a reply to message #1070547] Thu, 18 July 2013 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Nittka is currently offline Alexander NittkaFriend
Hi,

how about injecting the XbaseCompiler and let it do the work.

Alex
Re: Generate equivalent Java statement from XBlockExpression using IGenerator [message #1070576 is a reply to message #1070571] Thu, 18 July 2013 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,
I did try that. I injected XbaseCompiler and I see there are two methods: toJavaStatement() and toJavaExpression but they need ITreeAppendable as argument. How can I construct that.

def compileFunction(Function funct)'''
«xbaseCompiler.toJavaExpression(funct.body, ITreeAppendable)»
'''

OR
def compileFunction(Function funct)'''
«xbaseCompiler.toJavaStatement(funct.body, ITreeAppendable, boolean isReferenced)»
'''
I am stuck at ITreeAppendable. How Can I construct a object of TreeAppendable ana pass it to the xbaseCompiler ?
Re: Generate equivalent Java statement from XBlockExpression using IGenerator [message #1070580 is a reply to message #1070576] Thu, 18 July 2013 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there a different API that can get me equivalent java statements from XExpression ?

A code snippet will be helpful.
Re: Generate equivalent Java statement from XBlockExpression using IGenerator [message #1070730 is a reply to message #1070580] Thu, 18 July 2013 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any help please ?

Thanks in advance.
Priya

[Updated on: Thu, 18 July 2013 14:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Generate equivalent Java statement from XBlockExpression using IGenerator [message #1070731 is a reply to message #1070730] Thu, 18 July 2013 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
Re: Generate equivalent Java statement from XBlockExpression using IGenerator [message #1071169 is a reply to message #1070731] Fri, 19 July 2013 13:41 Go to previous message
Ian McDevitt is currently offline Ian McDevittFriend
Don't construct one, I expect the code is already inside a closure with one, like the body assignment:

body = [ append('''Hello''') ]

is short for

body = [ it.append('''Hello''') ]

and 'it' is your ITreeAppendable.
Previous Topic:Error resolving Extension with xtext tycho build after 2.4 upgrade
Next Topic:Optimize code generation IO?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 25 12:35:33 GMT 2016