Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » How to force Mylyn to stop hiding my landmark files
How to force Mylyn to stop hiding my landmark files [message #1070253] Wed, 17 July 2013 14:50 Go to next message
Bruno Orfen is currently offline Bruno OrfenFriend
Hi,

I have important (and marked as landmark) files in src/main/resources and Mylyn keeps hiding it from me even though I have no active filters at all.
These files belongs to context for sure (I saw them on "Context" tab in Task Properties) and are a landmarks (bolded font).

When Mylyn icon (with 3 shaded balls) is active ("Focus on Active Task") in Package Explorer or Project Explorer, these files and containing folders disappear and only src folder remains (and it becomes selected). When I deactivate the icon - the files returns.

Mylyn works fine for me as long as it manages visibility of src/main/java but I have important and numerous files in other folders and i need to see them.

What can I do to change this behavior?
I would like to add that I can't modify structure of project as I am one of many developers in this project and nobody else uses Mylyn.

versions:
Eclipse Juno,
Mylyn 2013.01.07 (Eclipse gives two versions at once: 3.8.3 and 1.0.3)

I beg your pardon for any language mistakes and typos - I am not an English speaker.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 July 2013 06:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to force Mylyn to stop hiding my landmark files [message #1071201 is a reply to message #1070253] Fri, 19 July 2013 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruno Orfen is currently offline Bruno OrfenFriend
Topic can be closed. To avoid described problem one can add every single folder under src/main/resources to context (including resources folder itself) - this is not necessary for Java files but it apparently is for resources.

To reproduce this strange behaviour I had to convert fresh java project to maven-managed, manually create folders src/main/java and src/main/resources, add some files to them and do some changes in classpath:

<classpath>
	<classpathentry including="**/*.java" kind="src" output="target/classes" path="src/main/java">
		<attributes>
			<attribute name="optional" value="true"/>
			<attribute name="maven.pomderived" value="true"/>
		</attributes>
	</classpathentry>
	<classpathentry excluding="**|java/" including="**/*.java" kind="src" output="target/classes" path="src/main">
		<attributes>
		</attributes>
	</classpathentry>
	<classpathentry exported="true" kind="con" path="GROOVY_DSL_SUPPORT"/>
	<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/J2SE-1.5">
		<attributes>
		</attributes>
	</classpathentry>
	<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.m2e.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER">
		<attributes>
		</attributes>
	</classpathentry>
	<classpathentry kind="output" path="target/classes"/>
</classpath>

after that, Mylyn starts hiding files in resource folder and the folder itself.

I think there could be a very little audience interested in the case. But the behaviour is really reproductable and very nerve-racking
Re: How to force Mylyn to stop hiding my landmark files [message #1229862 is a reply to message #1071201] Fri, 10 January 2014 11:43 Go to previous message
Hilderich Schwedhelm is currently offline Hilderich SchwedhelmFriend
Hello Bruno,

Unfortunately I haven't grasped how you have achieved this. How can sub-folders under
src/main/resources add to the task context?

Kind regards
Hilderich
Previous Topic:Bugzilla 4.4 I/O Error vlaidating Repository
Next Topic:Rally Mylyn connector
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:54:42 GMT 2024