Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » changing the Feature version qualifier(I can't override the feature version qualifier so the build fails.)
icon8.gif  changing the Feature version qualifier [message #1070211] Wed, 17 July 2013 09:05
S Bird is currently offline S Bird
I have .qualifier on some feature versions.

I have set the forceContextQualifier in my initial build script, prior to calling the import of productBuild.xml as follows:
<property name="forceContextQualifier" value="vM"/>

However, the PDE process insists on using the absolute default qualifier from the map file tag. As we use Git, the tag is "origin/master".

Because the '/' is an invalid version character, the build fails with the following message in the .log file.

How do I set the qualifier for features so it won't use the default. I have read-re-read and re-re-read the docs to no avail.

I think this is a bug, but can't believe no-one else has seen it before.

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invalid qualifier: origin/master
	at org.osgi.framework.Version.validate(Version.java:195)
	at org.osgi.framework.Version.<init>(Version.java:161)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.build.site.BuildTimeSite$1.compare(BuildTimeSite.java:54)
	at java.util.TreeMap.compare(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.TreeMap.put(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.TreeSet.add(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.build.site.BuildTimeSite.createFeature(BuildTimeSite.java:476)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.build.site.compatibility.FeatureReference.getFeature(FeatureReference.java:39)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.build.site.BuildTimeSite.resolveFeatureReferences(BuildTimeSite.java:327)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.build.site.BuildTimeSite.findFeature(BuildTimeSite.java:296)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.build.site.BuildTimeSite.findFeature(BuildTimeSite.java:288)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.build.AbstractScriptGenerator.findFile(AbstractScriptGenerator.java:486)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.build.AbstractScriptGenerator.loadProduct(AbstractScriptGenerator.java:434)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.build.AbstractScriptGenerator.loadProduct(AbstractScriptGenerator.java:427)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.build.FeatureGenerator.initialize(FeatureGenerator.java:279)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.build.FeatureGenerator.generate(FeatureGenerator.java:132)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.build.tasks.FeatureGeneratorTask.run(FeatureGeneratorTask.java:54)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.build.tasks.FeatureGeneratorTask.execute(FeatureGeneratorTask.java:36)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:291)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor7.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
	... 43 more

Thanks for your help. P.
Previous Topic:Remove old JARs from Update Site
Next Topic:Defining an external tool to compile code in my plug-in
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 27 17:14:09 EDT 2014