Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » Problem using WebDav FTP Plugin
Problem using WebDav FTP Plugin [message #157904] Wed, 25 January 2006 10:08 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: richard.joyce.meteor.ie

Hi,

I am having a problem using the WebDAV FTP plugin for eclipse. I am using
eclipse 3.1.1 with j2sdk1.4.2_09. I installed WebDAV FTP-Plugin from the
eclipse update site using Help\Software Updates\Find and Install

When I go to Import\export from\to the ftp site I get an eclipse error:

"Problem Opening Wizard
The selected wizard could not be started.

Reason
Plug-in org.eclipse.team.ftp was unable to load class
org.eclipse.team.internal.ftp.ui.subscriber.FTPExportWizard. "

org.eclipse.team.internal.ftp.ui.subscriber.FTPExportWizard is a class
which exists in the following jar:
C:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.team.ftp_3.0.0\ftp.jar

For some reason this UI screen is not being properly loaded, can't really
understand why thoug.

I tried reinstalling eclipse and the plugin and also starting eclipse with
the - clean option, no luck

any help would be great

thanks

Richard
Re: Problem using WebDav FTP Plugin [message #158022 is a reply to message #157904] Thu, 26 January 2006 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: richard.rejoyce.net

Hi,

I tried it out with eclipse 3.0.2 and the WebDAV FTP plugin seems to work
ok, it just doesn't work with 3.1.1. I tried installing it on 2 machines
and its doesn't work using eclipse 3.1.1 on either of them. Does anyone
know any thing about this issue?

thanks

Richard
Re: Problem using WebDav FTP Plugin [message #158027 is a reply to message #158022] Thu, 26 January 2006 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: daniel.rohe.stud.tu-ilmenau.de

Richard Joyce schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I tried it out with eclipse 3.0.2 and the WebDAV FTP plugin seems to
> work ok, it just doesn't work with 3.1.1. I tried installing it on 2
> machines and its doesn't work using eclipse 3.1.1 on either of them.
> Does anyone know any thing about this issue?
>
> thanks
>
> Richard
>

Each Eclipse version has its own version of FTP WebDav plug-in. Use the
FTP WebDav 3.1.1 plug-in for Eclipse 3.1.1.

Kind regards,
Daniel
Re: Problem using WebDav FTP Plugin [message #158047 is a reply to message #158027] Thu, 26 January 2006 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: richard.joyce.meteor.ie

Daniel Rohe wrote:

> Richard Joyce schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried it out with eclipse 3.0.2 and the WebDAV FTP plugin seems to
>> work ok, it just doesn't work with 3.1.1. I tried installing it on 2
>> machines and its doesn't work using eclipse 3.1.1 on either of them.
>> Does anyone know any thing about this issue?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Richard
>>

> Each Eclipse version has its own version of FTP WebDav plug-in. Use the
> FTP WebDav 3.1.1 plug-in for Eclipse 3.1.1.

> Kind regards,
> DanielHi Daniel, thanks for your reply.

I used the find and update feature in eclipse to download and install the
WebDAV and FTP plugin, so presumably it would have gotten down the right
one for which ever version I was using. No joy at all with 3.1.1 which is
annoying.

thanks

Richard
Re: Problem using WebDav FTP Plugin [message #158102 is a reply to message #158022] Thu, 26 January 2006 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Williams is currently offline David Williams
Messages: 696
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 03:53:11 -0500, Richard Joyce <richard@rejoyce.net> wrote:


> I tried it out with eclipse 3.0.2 and the WebDAV FTP plugin seems to work
> ok, it just doesn't work with 3.1.1. I tried installing it on 2 machines
> and its doesn't work using eclipse 3.1.1 on either of them. Does anyone
> know any thing about this issue?
>

I don't ... but, you mean on a "pure eclipse" install, right?
If so, you might ask or open a bug on the Eclipse Project.
(they distribute this ... I know, sounds like webtools :) ... and its
pretty much "as is" (unsupported) ... but if it didn't work at all, I'm sure
they'd appreciate knowing and I'm sure they'd investigate that.

On the other hand ... if you mean installed with WTP, you might first try to
see if it works without WTP :( .... *we* would be interested if there was some
bad interaction that prevented it from working with projects codes.
Re: Problem using WebDav FTP Plugin [message #170343 is a reply to message #157904] Wed, 31 May 2006 09:25 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: g.temchenko.alt1.ru

Richard Joyce wrote:

> I am having a problem using the WebDAV FTP plugin for eclipse. I am using
> eclipse 3.1.1 with j2sdk1.4.2_09. I installed WebDAV FTP-Plugin from the
> eclipse update site using HelpSoftware UpdatesFind and Install

> When I go to Importexport fromto the ftp site I get an eclipse error:

> "Problem Opening Wizard
> The selected wizard could not be started.

> Reason
> Plug-in org.eclipse.team.ftp was unable to load class
> org.eclipse.team.internal.ftp.ui.subscriber.FTPExportWizard. "

> org.eclipse.team.internal.ftp.ui.subscriber.FTPExportWizard is a class
> which exists in the following jar:
> C:eclipsepluginsorg.eclipse.team.ftp_3.0.0ftp.jar

> For some reason this UI screen is not being properly loaded, can't really
> understand why thoug.



Hi,
tell me have solved a problem? I have the same trouble, :-( winXP, J2SE
5.0 Update 6, Eclipse 3.1.1...
Previous Topic:Problem using We App Libraries container standalone
Next Topic:IRuntime from IProject or IModule
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Jul 29 08:49:29 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02881 seconds