Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » IPropertySource for ViewPart
IPropertySource for ViewPart [message #1069751] Tue, 16 July 2013 13:41 Go to next message
ModelGeek Mising name is currently offline ModelGeek Mising nameFriend
I am working with an application where i am using a GEF editor. I have one customed viewpart (contain source viewer to add text for selected object) which is listening for selection change. When i selected an component from editor, properties view get updated along with customed viewpart. But as soon as i select my viewpart, properties view gets empty. I want properties view to show the properties for object selected in editor even i am typing text in customed view part.

I have implmented IPropertySource in viewpart but properties view does not show properties... any idea?

cheers
Re: IPropertySource for ViewPart [message #1070574 is a reply to message #1069751] Thu, 18 July 2013 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Scholz is currently offline Simon ScholzFriend
Hi ModelGeek,

the PagebookView(which is the superclass of the PropertySheet) internally uses an IPartListener2 and therefore reacts according to part changes.
If you do not want your custom viewpart to be tracked, so that the PagebookView will stay the same(showing the properties of the editor), you need to add the org.eclipse.ui.propertiesView ExtensionPoint to your plugin.xml and use excludeSources with the id of your custom Viewpart.

<extension
         point="org.eclipse.ui.propertiesView">
      <excludeSources
            id="id.of.your.custom.viewpart">
      </excludeSources>
   </extension>

I hope this will be the correct solution for you, otherwise you maybe could offer some more details concerning your problem.

Best regards,

Simon

[Updated on: Thu, 18 July 2013 11:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: IPropertySource for ViewPart [message #1070592 is a reply to message #1070574] Thu, 18 July 2013 09:23 Go to previous message
ModelGeek Mising name is currently offline ModelGeek Mising nameFriend
that worked perfectly....

thanks!
Previous Topic:Keyboard shortcut to traverse/access the main toolbar of an RCP application
Next Topic:multi user configuration issues with .eclipse configuration folder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:36:10 GMT 2024