Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Problem with multiple operating System in swing(Swing GUI issue in multiple operating system)
Problem with multiple operating System in swing [message #1069321] Mon, 15 July 2013 17:06 Go to next message
yogi raj is currently offline yogi rajFriend
Hi
I have developed swing based GUI using Window Builder in eclipse on Windows-7 operating system.

When I run the same GUI on different operating system like windows-XP the behavior of GUI is changed like the alignment is not proper.

Do I need to do any additional configuration in eclipse while using Window Builder or is there any ways to sort this problem.

Please help me to resolve rendering GUI issue across multiple Operating System.
Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards
Yogi Raj
Re: Problem with multiple operating System in swing [message #1069411 is a reply to message #1069321] Mon, 15 July 2013 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
It sounds like you have an issue with Swing rather than WindowBuilder. If you believe that WB is somehow generating incorrect Swing code, please provide an example.

WB is not responsible for how Swing might render itself under different operating systems... especially old, unsupported versions of Windows.
Re: Problem with multiple operating System in swing [message #1070322 is a reply to message #1069411] Wed, 17 July 2013 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yogi raj is currently offline yogi rajFriend
Hi Eric

Thank you for quick and early reply. I agree with your point that WB is not responsible for rendering Swing GUI across multiple OS.
So, It is the "Swing" who renders GUI differently across multiple OS. Therefore, how can I resolve swing GUI rendering issue across multiple OS.
Do I need to set cross platform L&F or do I need to put extra code logic to maintain same rendering behavior across multiple OS(operating System)?

I appreciate your early reply.
Thanks & Regards
Yogi Raj
Re: Problem with multiple operating System in swing [message #1070360 is a reply to message #1070322] Wed, 17 July 2013 20:07 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
That would be a good question to ask on a Swing-specific or general Java forum. Using a different L&F might help, but might result in different issues (like a UI that no longer matches the OS it is running on). I don't personal use Swing (and have never really liked it to begin with), so I can't really help with that question.
Previous Topic:GWT Designer crashes on Ubuntu
Next Topic:Does WB work with eclipse Kepler 4.3?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:39:06 GMT 2024