Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Problem with eclipse.publish.featuresAndBundles(NullPointer exception due to p2.inf?)
Problem with eclipse.publish.featuresAndBundles [message #1069304] Mon, 15 July 2013 16:25 Go to next message
Gerald Rosenberg is currently offline Gerald RosenbergFriend
Using the following ant target works for all of my IUs except for one bundle that contains a p2.inf. For that one bundle, I get a NullPointerException and the content.xml is truncated at what appears to be a random line.

<target name="generate">
        <eclipse.publish.featuresAndBundles 
            repository="file:${dstRepo}" 
            compress="true" 
            category="file:${category}" >
                <features dir="${srcRepo}/features/" />
                <bundles  dir="${srcRepo}/plugins/"  />
        </eclipse.publish.featuresAndBundles>
    </target>

The content of the p2.inf is here:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/489886/1066696/#msg_1066696

Is there something wrong with my p2.inf? All it is intended to do is adjust the start level of the bundle.

Would really appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks...

The error message produced when running the target is:

generate:
[eclipse.publish.featuresAndBundles] Generating metadata for ..
[eclipse.publish.featuresAndBundles] java.lang.NullPointerException
[eclipse.publish.featuresAndBundles] 	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.io.MetadataWriter.hasOnlySimpleRequirements(MetadataWriter.java:113)
[eclipse.publish.featuresAndBundles] 	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.io.MetadataWriter.writeInstallableUnit(MetadataWriter.java:58)
[eclipse.publish.featuresAndBundles] 	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.io.MetadataWriter.writeInstallableUnits(MetadataWriter.java:46)
[eclipse.publish.featuresAndBundles] 	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryIO$Writer.write(MetadataRepositoryIO.java:148)
[eclipse.publish.featuresAndBundles] 	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryIO.write(MetadataRepositoryIO.java:93)
[eclipse.publish.featuresAndBundles] 	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.LocalMetadataRepository.save(LocalMetadataRepository.java:306)
[eclipse.publish.featuresAndBundles] 	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.LocalMetadataRepository.addInstallableUnits(LocalMetadataRepository.java:111)
[eclipse.publish.featuresAndBundles] 	at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.Publisher.savePublishedIUs(Publisher.java:258)

Re: Problem with eclipse.publish.featuresAndBundles [message #1839176 is a reply to message #1069304] Tue, 16 March 2021 20:30 Go to previous message
Adam Saturna is currently offline Adam SaturnaFriend
This is super old but I have ran into the same issue and after extensive p2 source debugging it lead me to a simple problem:

My update site contained a duplicate bundle (different file name but same version + symbolic name in the manifest). Only one of these bundles contained a p2.inf file.

After removing the duplicate bundle, the process worked without any issues.
No guarantees that the author has experienced the problem due to the same issue but maybe this lead will help someone in the future.
Previous Topic:Problem with org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourcesPlugin initialization
Next Topic: javax.annotation : osgi uses constraint violation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:08:15 GMT 2024