Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Linux Tools Project » Valgrind keeps showing fixed errors
Valgrind keeps showing fixed errors [message #1068624] Sat, 13 July 2013 22:16 Go to next message
Maximiliano Schultheis is currently offline Maximiliano SchultheisFriend
Hello!

I'm a beginner to Eclipse and C++, sorry if I'm in the wrong place or if this was already answered, I couldn't find it.

I managed to profile some easy example programs with Valgrind. At first it worked alright, but then I induced some memory errors to see how Valgrind responds. It detected them, but after fixing them I profile again and the red X indicating errors won't disappear, even though the Valgrind tab shows that Valgrind found no problems to report.

The only way to get around this is by manually deleting the problems in the problems tab, but this is very annoying Razz

Am I forgetting to configure something? Could it be buggy?

Thanks!

Maxi
Re: Valgrind keeps showing fixed errors [message #1069312 is a reply to message #1068624] Mon, 15 July 2013 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff Johnston is currently offline Jeff JohnstonFriend
Rerunning Valgrind on the same executable should clear the markers and then add any new ones that are caused by the new session. If this is not the case, please open a bug and provide details.

You can clear Valgrind markers from the Valgrind view by clicking on the X button in the tool-bar for that view. No rerunning of Valgrind is
required. We currently have a bug open to clear the Valgrind markers on build.
Re: Valgrind keeps showing fixed errors [message #1079628 is a reply to message #1069312] Sun, 04 August 2013 22:24 Go to previous message
Maximiliano Schultheis is currently offline Maximiliano SchultheisFriend
Hello Jeff, I've been searching around and found this: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=360085

This is exactly my problem. Since those posts are from 2011, my only doubt is: is this bug still there? Or perhaps I'm running an old version.

Anyway, it's not a big problem, only annoying to manually delete the markers.

Thanks!
Previous Topic: C++ Unit Testing Framework
Next Topic:[DATABINDING] Race Condition with Key Board Commit on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:48:01 GMT 2024