|Re-use items within single library (BIRT 2.6.2) [message #1067915]
||Thu, 11 July 2013 08:47
| Ruud Senden
Registered: July 2013
I am creating a BIRT library in which I want to define some report item, then re-use this item within the same library in other report items. For example: |
- Top-level Table A
- Top-level List B, containing Table A
- Top-level Grid C, containing Table A and List B
In the library source XML, Table A can be added to B and C using the following element:
<table name="TableARef" id="55076" extends="TableA"/>
Usually BIRT designer correctly shows this item link, but it sometimes shows 'Content of this report item is corrupted' in layout view. The items always work fine though when used in an actual report.
I am currently using BIRT 2.6.2, as this the version that is bundled with the product where these reports are generated.
So my questions are:
- Is this the correct approach for re-using elements within a single library, or are there better ways (without having to create a complete hierarchy of libraries, i.e. LibA containing Table A, Lib B containing List B referencing LibA.TableA, ...)
- Is there any way to accomplish this using BIRT Designer, without having to manually edit the XML?
- Why do such items sometimes show up correctly in the Layout view, and other times as 'corrupted'; how can I fix this?
- Is there any way to stop BIRT Designer from generating <overridden-values> when there are no values being overridden? For example, the generated overridden value elements include the item name, causing inconsistencies when a name is changed in the parent item.
- Do later versions of BIRT have better support for re-using items within a single library?
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01865 seconds