Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Constantly getting "Path must include project and resource name: /" with new Kepler worksp
Constantly getting "Path must include project and resource name: /" with new Kepler worksp [message #1067863] Wed, 10 July 2013 23:23 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
(I tried to post this earlier, but it seems like nothing happened when I submitted it.)

I've been using Indigo reasonably successfully for quite a while. Today I installed the STS for Kepler. I exported/imported my preferences and a Team Project Set for my (many) projects checked out from SVN.

Now I'm seeing the following error numerous times every time I do something:

"Path must include project and resource name: /"

Neither the error dialog or the stack trace gives me any indication of what project or file is wrong.

I've looked at the several occurrences of this on the web, but nothing really points me to a solution.

Here's the beginning of the stack trace.
!ENTRY org.eclipse.mylyn.java.ui 4 0 2013-07-10 16:21:46.271
!MESSAGE Failed to update model based on selection
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path must include project and resource name: /
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:63)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.newResource(Workspace.java:2170)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Container.getFile(Container.java:208)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.PlatformResourceURIHandlerImpl$WorkbenchHelper.createPlatformResourceInputStream(PlatformResourceURIHandlerImpl.java:200)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.PlatformResourceURIHandlerImpl.createInputStream(PlatformResourceURIHandlerImpl.java:525)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.URIHandlerImpl.contentDescription(URIHandlerImpl.java:273)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ExtensibleURIConverterImpl.contentDescription(ExtensibleURIConverterImpl.java:372)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceFactoryRegistryImpl.getContentTypeIdentifier(ResourceFactoryRegistryImpl.java:157)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceFactoryRegistryImpl.getFactory(ResourceFactoryRegistryImpl.java:123)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$2.delegatedGetFactory(ResourceSetImpl.java:459)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceFactoryRegistryImpl.getFactory(ResourceFactoryRegistryImpl.java:144)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceFactoryRegistryImpl.getFactory(ResourceFactoryRegistryImpl.java:85)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.createResource(ResourceSetImpl.java:431)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandCreateResource(ResourceSetImpl.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getResource(ResourceSetImpl.java:400)
	at org.eclipse.mylyn.mft.emf.core.EmfStructureBridge.getDomainObjectForHandle(EmfStructureBridge.java:125)
Re: Constantly getting "Path must include project and resource name: /" with new K [message #1067875 is a reply to message #1067863] Thu, 11 July 2013 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
David,

Looking at the source code, it appears that EmfStructureBridge is using
a URI of the form platform:/resource/ to attempt to load a resource and
when that inevitably fails (because that URI can't possibly refer to a
file), it logs an exception. Why it's using an ill formed URI isn't
clear. I'd suggesting opening a bugzilla for the "EMF connector"
component via
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mylyn%20Context%20MFT providing
minimal steps and workspace contents to reproduce the problem. Perhaps
there's one Java project that's causing the problem and perhaps you can
prune it down as much as possible to help determine the root cause...

On 11/07/2013 1:23 AM, David M. Karr wrote:
> (I tried to post this earlier, but it seems like nothing happened when
> I submitted it.)
>
> I've been using Indigo reasonably successfully for quite a while.
> Today I installed the STS for Kepler. I exported/imported my
> preferences and a Team Project Set for my (many) projects checked out
> from SVN.
>
> Now I'm seeing the following error numerous times every time I do
> something:
>
> "Path must include project and resource name: /"
>
> Neither the error dialog or the stack trace gives me any indication of
> what project or file is wrong.
>
> I've looked at the several occurrences of this on the web, but nothing
> really points me to a solution.
>
> Here's the beginning of the stack trace.
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.mylyn.java.ui 4 0 2013-07-10 16:21:46.271
> !MESSAGE Failed to update model based on selection
> !STACK 0
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path must include project and
> resource name: /
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:63)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.newResource(Workspace.java:2170)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Container.getFile(Container.java:208)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.PlatformResourceURIHandlerImpl$WorkbenchHelper.createPlatformResourceInputStream(PlatformResourceURIHandlerImpl.java:200)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.PlatformResourceURIHandlerImpl.createInputStream(PlatformResourceURIHandlerImpl.java:525)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.URIHandlerImpl.contentDescription(URIHandlerImpl.java:273)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ExtensibleURIConverterImpl.contentDescription(ExtensibleURIConverterImpl.java:372)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceFactoryRegistryImpl.getContentTypeIdentifier(ResourceFactoryRegistryImpl.java:157)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceFactoryRegistryImpl.getFactory(ResourceFactoryRegistryImpl.java:123)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$2.delegatedGetFactory(ResourceSetImpl.java:459)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceFactoryRegistryImpl.getFactory(ResourceFactoryRegistryImpl.java:144)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceFactoryRegistryImpl.getFactory(ResourceFactoryRegistryImpl.java:85)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.createResource(ResourceSetImpl.java:431)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandCreateResource(ResourceSetImpl.java:243)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getResource(ResourceSetImpl.java:400)
> at
> org.eclipse.mylyn.mft.emf.core.EmfStructureBridge.getDomainObjectForHandle(EmfStructureBridge.java:125)
>

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Constantly getting "Path must include project and resource name: /" with new K [message #1068008 is a reply to message #1067875] Thu, 11 July 2013 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I've concluded that I'm getting this error primarily when I switch between editor buffers belonging to a particular Maven project that I work with regularly. This was an existing project in the Indigo workspace, and I just checked it out fresh from SVN for the new workspace.

I've looked at all the dependencies specified in this project, and I don't see anything suspicious. Should I look for any particular pattern?
Re: Constantly getting "Path must include project and resource name: /" wi [message #1068014 is a reply to message #1068008] Thu, 11 July 2013 16:31 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
David,

Unless you run it under debug control and have source, it's really hard
to say much of anything. Perhaps just open a bugzilla with the stack
trace and maybe that development team will have an idea. Was that the
complete stack trace?

On 11/07/2013 6:12 PM, David M. Karr wrote:
> I've concluded that I'm getting this error primarily when I switch
> between editor buffers belonging to a particular Maven project that I
> work with regularly. This was an existing project in the Indigo
> workspace, and I just checked it out fresh from SVN for the new
> workspace.
>
> I've looked at all the dependencies specified in this project, and I
> don't see anything suspicious. Should I look for any particular pattern?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Need to access Eclipse CVS Repository
Next Topic:Get totals from multiple datasets/tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:24:25 GMT 2024