Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » UPDATE database record after/just before report closes(conditionally show report section)
UPDATE database record after/just before report closes [message #1067190] Sun, 07 July 2013 12:44 Go to next message
Eclipse GuestFriend
I have a requirement to make the details of a report visible if database field RPTEXEC==0. In addition, once the report is run, RPTEXEC must be updated to 1 so the next time the report is run, the details do not show.

The report updates the database & displays data correctly when shown in the web viewer, but when it's exported to PDF, the report seems to execute again & RPTEXEC now equals 1, so the details of the report are no longer visible.

I have tried putting the code that updates RPTEXEC in functions fetch, beforeClose, afterClose & close, but the database update is still occuring when the report is exported to PDF.

Any idea where to put code that updates the database so it fires AFTER the report is run? Thanks so much for your suggestions! Very Happy
Re: UPDATE database record after/just before report closes [message #1067483 is a reply to message #1067190] Tue, 09 July 2013 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kristopher Clark is currently offline Kristopher ClarkFriend
Edit:
I reread the message and saw that it's updating the database. When you are exporting to PDF are you doing this from the webviewer or the toolbar in eclipse? I'm assuming from the webviewer since you are saying that it's working there.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 July 2013 03:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: UPDATE database record after/just before report closes [message #1067577 is a reply to message #1067483] Tue, 09 July 2013 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse GuestFriend
Hi Kristopher!
I am exporting to PDF from the webviewer. This is when it seems to run for a 2nd time.
Thanks for your help!
Ashley
Re: UPDATE database record after/just before report closes [message #1067779 is a reply to message #1067577] Wed, 10 July 2013 14:32 Go to previous message
Eclipse GuestFriend
We decided to configure this as Direct Print (not Brower View) so the report would only execute once.
Previous Topic:Problem in accessing jars placed in birt/scriptlib
Next Topic:Drill-through parameter wrong encoding currency symbol
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:17:36 GMT 2024