Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse hanging Ubuntu desktop - process ID?(Eclipse hanging Ubuntu desktop - process ID?)
Eclipse hanging Ubuntu desktop - process ID? [message #1066989] Fri, 05 July 2013 11:05 Go to next message
Chris Atkins is currently offline Chris AtkinsFriend
If I've got several Eclipse's open on different workspaces, and one of them locks up the Ubuntu desktop, is there a good way to find out the process ID of the one that's done it, so I don't have to just kill them at random until the desktop starts working again?

Eclipse Version: Juno Service Release 1
Build id: 20120920-0800

Thanks...
Re: Eclipse hanging Ubuntu desktop - process ID? [message #1067224 is a reply to message #1066989] Sun, 07 July 2013 18:46 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Do you start all instances using the same command line?
I typically pass the workspace on the command line (-data <ws>) which would then appear in ps output.
Alternatively, use either jvisualvm or kill -3 to see what each instance is currently doing. Note that the kill -3 result may be redirected to .xsession-errors or s.t.
As a side effect you'd already have the necessary thread dump for reporting a bug Smile
Previous Topic:Get all ASTNodes in JDT Java Model
Next Topic:JSP Tag code complete
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:31:06 GMT 2024