Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Change service implementation at runtime
Change service implementation at runtime [message #1066165] Mon, 01 July 2013 10:24 Go to next message
ALex W is currently offline ALex WFriend
Hello,

I'm working on an Equinox based desktop application (using eclipse 4) and I need to offer the user to chose the implementation for a given service (through a configuration UI for instance).

I already have the services interface in one bundle, and 2 other bundles with the other implementations. (For instance a distant connection, one using bluetooth link and the other an USB wire)

If possible, this would be defined in a file, and the system will read the file to determine which bundle to active.
Any idea of how I could achieve that ? It doesn't matter if the user has to restart the application or not.
Re: Change service implementation at runtime [message #1090467 is a reply to message #1066165] Tue, 20 August 2013 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ALex W is currently offline ALex WFriend
Up ?
Re: Change service implementation at runtime [message #1100491 is a reply to message #1090467] Tue, 03 September 2013 07:19 Go to previous message
Daniel McGreal is currently offline Daniel McGrealFriend
Potentially a job for the Wire Admin Service, for which equinox has an implementation - chckout the OSGI Compendium Spec.
Previous Topic:equinox servlet bridge and Kepler
Next Topic:How to set the maximum threads of a SimpleArtifactRepository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 14:04:32 GMT 2024