Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Console Output Does Not Appear
Console Output Does Not Appear [message #1066024] Sat, 29 June 2013 03:47 Go to next message
Mark Murphy is currently offline Mark MurphyFriend
Fresh copy of Eclipse 4.2.2 with Subversion, Mylin, and PDT installed from update site.

I set up an external tool that interacts with the console, but the output does not appear until after a significant portion of the job is run, even though the console session successfully asks for and receives input. I happen to know what that input should be, so I typed it, just to see what happened, and when I pressed enter, the prompt, and the results displayed in the console. It is like the output is not sent to the console until a certain amount has been written, and not even an input operation will cause it to display. Here is an example console session:

yes

Yii Migration Tool v1.0 (based on Yii v1.1.13)

Total 2 new migrations to be applied:
    m130412_132354_Main
    m130418_155952_Main_Data

Apply the above migrations? (yes|no) [no]:*** applying m130412_132354_Main
    > create table sys_table ... done (time: 0.035s)
    > refresh table sys_table schema cache ... done (time: 0.032s)
    > create table sys_table_detail ... done (time: 0.044s)
    > refresh table sys_table_detail schema cache ... done (time: 0.013s)
    > create table sys_country ... done (time: 0.074s)
    > refresh table sys_country schema cache ... done (time: 0.021s)
    > create table sys_state ...

There is more, but it looks just like the last few lines. The thing to notice is that 'yes' above is what I typed into the console, then pressed enter. The prompt does not appear until after I type my response. The lines immediately following 'yes' up to and including '[no]:' are the prompt. Note that the newline that normally is provided by the user pressing enter after responding to the prompt is not there, and the result output immediately follows '[no]:' beginning with '***'.

Has anyone else experienced this? The language writing to the console is PHP if that matters. does anyone know of a fix for this behavior?
Re: Console Output Does Not Appear [message #1066089 is a reply to message #1066024] Sun, 30 June 2013 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Benoit is currently offline Frank BenoitFriend
Hi

I think this not the right group to ask this, because the questions here are about E4 development. Like writing plugins and RCP apps with E4.

A guess to your question...
Sometimes the printing to console is done on line break. Perhps you need to write '\n' or '\r\n'.
Or perhaps you need to flush the output stream manually. In Java there is System.out.printfln() and there is System.out.flush(). Perhaps there is an equal function for flush() in PHP?

cu
Frank
Re: Console Output Does Not Appear [message #1066095 is a reply to message #1066089] Sun, 30 June 2013 10:58 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
I'll move this to PDT forum to increase your chances of getting a response.
Previous Topic:How to generate unimplemented methods
Next Topic:Console output does not appear
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:29:15 GMT 2024