Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Issues debugging variables in Love2D with LuaJIT
Issues debugging variables in Love2D with LuaJIT [message #1064774] Fri, 21 June 2013 01:40 Go to next message
Erik Pettis is currently offline Erik PettisFriend
I am having an issue with the LDT debugger when using a version of Love2D built with LuaJIT. I am able to step into the code and set breakpoints which get tripped. However, the Variables window is not being populated. During debugging, I see this in the Console:

Quote:

DEBUGGER ERROR Command context_get caused: (998) [string "ltn12.lua"]:41: bad argument #1 to 'getn' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'getn'
[string "ltn12.lua"]:41: in function 'chain'
debugger.lua:122: in function 'b64'
debugger.lua:1275: in function 'make_property'
debugger.lua:497: in function <debugger.lua:486>
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
debugger.lua:2885: in function <debugger.lua:2855>
[C]: in function 'pcall'
debugger.lua:2940: in function 'line_hook'
debugger.lua:2947: in function <debugger.lua:2945>

I am using Eclipse 4.2 with the Lua Development Tools plug-in 1.0 (installed via the Marketplace). I am debugging Love2D 8.0 with LuaJIT using a Lua Application Debug Configuration (not remote). I have tried both the debugger.lua linked from the YouTube video describing the Corona steps AND the debugger.lua from a thread on this forum (specifically referencing FFI support).

Any thoughts? I'm pretty pleased with plug-in thus far, and while I can proceed without the Variables window (I've been using print debugging with Lua for years), it would be mighty handy to have a fully functioning IDE for my larger projects.
Re: Issues debugging variables in Love2D with LuaJIT [message #1064926 is a reply to message #1064774] Fri, 21 June 2013 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Hi,
I never test Love2D with LDT, I will be happy to know if that works.

I don't really understand which kind of launch configuration, you try.
If this is a "Lua Application" you have not to download the "debugger.lua" file, it is added to LUA_PATH automatically(this works if love2D support the LUA_PATH environment variable), in this case you need to add the Love2D Interpreter to LDT.
If this is a "Lua Attach To Application", you should get the "debugger.lua" by using the link in the Dialog. (see the screenshot)

But the last time I see a stack trace like that it was a problem of luasocket version.
Which version of luasocket and lua did you try ? On this page you could find information about that.

Simon
Re: Issues debugging variables in Love2D with LuaJIT [message #1065241 is a reply to message #1064926] Tue, 25 June 2013 03:31 Go to previous message
Erik Pettis is currently offline Erik PettisFriend
Thanks for the reply. I'm using a "Lua Application" with a custom Intepreter pointing to Love2D. No extra arguments to the Intepreter, no -e, and no file as argument. For the Debug Configuration, however, I send along the project path and I set the working directory to my source folder.

I removed the debugger.lua file and, yes, I am using the module loaded via LUA_PATH automatically.

As for the version of LuaSocket I'm using, I'm not sure. I'll have to do some digging. I'm using LuaJIT 1.0, I do believe: this version of Love2D was built by a user with LuaJIT, and is not the standard Love2D app.
Previous Topic:Code Assist for Corona SDK
Next Topic:Can't install my execution environment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:39:22 GMT 2024