Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Does code assistance only work if you have the lua module associated with the documents(Code assistance and Execution Environments)
Does code assistance only work if you have the lua module associated with the documents [message #1064720] Thu, 20 June 2013 16:26 Go to next message
Neil W is currently offline Neil WFriend
I'm interested in providing my users an Execution Environment with code assistance for an in-house Lua library.

As an experiment I installed the mihini-0.8 Execution Environment from http://wiki.eclipse.org/Koneki/LDT/User_Area/Available_Execution_Environments, then created a Lua project based on that. I got the mihini templated main file in the IDE, so I am confident it has the correct EE.

However, if I try to use code assistance I only get the lua language assistance - none of the mihini code.

This is of interest to me because I want to generate assistance for code that is generated dynamically. i.e I want to distribute documentation, not the Lua library.

Is this possible? Or does LDT require the Lua module to be present as well?

Thanks,

Neil
Re: Does code assistance only work if you have the lua module associated with the documents [message #1064730 is a reply to message #1064720] Thu, 20 June 2013 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Hi,

1)For the mihini EE problem, I suppose you didn't see any mihini assistance because you expected new global variable.
Try to do that :
local serial = require 'serial'
  serial.

you should have autocompletion for serial. ( serial.open(port,config) )

2) An execution environment can contain only documentation file, so you can add user assistance even if you don't have source code.

3) You could see some documentation on how to create an execution environment on the wiki (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Koneki/LDT)
see :
How to write it ? => to learn documentation language.
LuaDocumentor: command-line tool => to generate html or api file (file with documentation only from documented source code).
How to make an Execution Environment => to know the structure of an Execution Environment.

HTH Wink

Simon

[Updated on: Thu, 20 June 2013 16:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Does code assistance only work if you have the lua module associated with the documents [message #1064732 is a reply to message #1064730] Thu, 20 June 2013 16:52 Go to previous message
Neil W is currently offline Neil WFriend
Perfect! Thanks Simon.
Previous Topic:running Lua Remote Application - Permission denied
Next Topic:Code Assist for Corona SDK
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:30:33 GMT 2024