Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » CanonicalModelProcessor not found(CanonicalModelProcessor not found during RCP plugin export with EclipseLink)
icon5.gif  CanonicalModelProcessor not found [message #1064338] Tue, 18 June 2013 19:31
Alan Willard is currently offline Alan WillardFriend
Hello all,
I am trying to put together a build of various Eclipse RCP plugins which use EclipseLink/JPA. It's important to note that we're not running EclipseLink within a JEE environment but within an RCP application. It's also worth noting that the application is working fine (database reads/writes and entity persistence works as expected) when running out of the Eclipse workspace.

The problem is when trying to export the entire product, or the individual plugins. The problem appears to be with processing the annotations. I've followed the procedure found here to set up the annotation processor, but with no luck. The exact error that I am seeing at compile time is the following.

Internal compiler error: java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: javax.annotation.processing.Processor: Provider org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.modelgen.CanonicalModelProcessor not found at java.util.ServiceLoader.fail(Unknown Source)

Doesn't seem to any hits when searching for this specific error, so I'm reaching out here.

Thanks for the help!
-Alan

[Updated on: Tue, 18 June 2013 20:39]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:@OneToMany and @ManyToOne in MongoDB and JPA -EISOneToOneMapping cannot be cast to
Next Topic:jaxb marshalling unmarshalling exception in jboss servlet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:59:20 GMT 2024