Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Nattable Grid find in eclipse plugin
Nattable Grid find in eclipse plugin [message #1064311] Tue, 18 June 2013 15:40 Go to next message
Testr t is currently offline Testr tFriend
Hi,

I am using the Nattable tree grid in an eclipse plugin. using Ctrl+F does open the find
dialog but only when a cell is selected. When no cells are selected in the grid the Ctrl+F shortcut to show find does not work? Is this the expected behavior?

Also when I do find on the tree grid it does only on the parent rows. Is it configurable to do the find on the child rows also if they are not expanded and then expand the matched parent?

[Updated on: Tue, 18 June 2013 18:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Nattable Grid find in eclipse plugin [message #1064341 is a reply to message #1064311] Tue, 18 June 2013 19:47 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

for the first question, that seems to be a focus issue. If the NatTable doesn't have the focus, the key event is not interpreted by the NatTable. Therefore the Ctrl+F is handled somewhere else. You might need to add a key binding in your application that needs to perform the same search action that is triggered within the NatTable.

For the second one, I think that is related to the ISearchStrategy that is used for searching. You might need to implement your own ISearchStrategy for searching in a tree. Then you need to use this in a SearchAction you need to bind like in DefaultSearchBindings.

Haven't looked at this special part of NatTable yet. Therefore I can't tell you any more details right now. Need to investigate and document that stuff first. Smile

Greez,
Dirk
Previous Topic:How can i get a hover effect in NatTable?
Next Topic:RowSelection right after creation (does not work)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:16:39 GMT 2024