Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Add maven NAR files to Target Platform
Add maven NAR files to Target Platform [message #1064151] Mon, 17 June 2013 20:26 Go to next message
Craig Petre is currently offline Craig PetreFriend
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, but if not, maybe someone can suggest a better place to put it.

I have a rather large "project" composed of a couple dozen plugins. I have created a target platform to manage dependencies of the various plugins in the projects. One of the plugins will have a dependency on a maven "nar" plugin, which contains some JNI wrapper code to some platform specific DLLs. The problem is, I haven't found a way of getting the target platform (Windows->Preferences->Plug-in Development->Target Platform) to recognize nar files as a valid plug-in. If I add the folder which contains the nar file into my target platform, when I let it refresh and then "edit" my target platform it shows "0 plug-ins available" in the Locations tab for the folder containing the nar file. Does anybody know how I would go about adding this type of dependency to my plugin project? Would I have to somehow convert my nar plugin to a jar?

Thanks,
Craig
Re: Add maven NAR files to Target Platform [message #1064464 is a reply to message #1064151] Wed, 19 June 2013 12:12 Go to previous message
Gunnar Wagenknecht is currently offline Gunnar WagenknechtFriend

Am 17.06.2013 22:27, schrieb Craig Petre:
> Would I have to somehow convert my nar plugin to a jar?

I assume this step is necessary. I have not seen a NAR artifact yet. But
it looks like this is not OSGi-ified yet. Thus, it needs to be converted
into OSGi bundle jars. It might be necessary to create multiple platform
specific OSGi fragments containing the native libs.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxx
http://wagenknecht.org/
Previous Topic:RCP app can't see plug-ins installed in separate configuration area
Next Topic:Problem with WeavingHook starting too late
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:48:50 GMT 2024