Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Add maven NAR files to Target Platform
Add maven NAR files to Target Platform [message #1064151] Mon, 17 June 2013 20:26 Go to next message
Craig Petre is currently offline Craig PetreFriend
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, but if not, maybe someone can suggest a better place to put it.

I have a rather large "project" composed of a couple dozen plugins. I have created a target platform to manage dependencies of the various plugins in the projects. One of the plugins will have a dependency on a maven "nar" plugin, which contains some JNI wrapper code to some platform specific DLLs. The problem is, I haven't found a way of getting the target platform (Windows->Preferences->Plug-in Development->Target Platform) to recognize nar files as a valid plug-in. If I add the folder which contains the nar file into my target platform, when I let it refresh and then "edit" my target platform it shows "0 plug-ins available" in the Locations tab for the folder containing the nar file. Does anybody know how I would go about adding this type of dependency to my plugin project? Would I have to somehow convert my nar plugin to a jar?

Re: Add maven NAR files to Target Platform [message #1064464 is a reply to message #1064151] Wed, 19 June 2013 12:12 Go to previous message
Gunnar Wagenknecht is currently offline Gunnar WagenknechtFriend

Am 17.06.2013 22:27, schrieb Craig Petre:
> Would I have to somehow convert my nar plugin to a jar?

I assume this step is necessary. I have not seen a NAR artifact yet. But
it looks like this is not OSGi-ified yet. Thus, it needs to be converted
into OSGi bundle jars. It might be necessary to create multiple platform
specific OSGi fragments containing the native libs.

Gunnar Wagenknecht
Previous Topic:RCP app can't see plug-ins installed in separate configuration area
Next Topic:Problem with WeavingHook starting too late
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Nov 29 07:13:01 GMT 2015