Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » xDebug does not stop on break point(xdebug, fedora 18, remote computer)
xDebug does not stop on break point [message #1063019] Tue, 11 June 2013 19:34 Go to next message
Alain Roger is currently offline Alain RogerFriend
Hi everybody,

why i was able to setup correctly xdebug on my local windows OS development machine and use it with Eclipse, i have huge trouble to make it work correctly on a remote server using Fedora 18.

I don't know if problem is on xdebug configuration or on Eclipse PDT settings.

My remote webserver runs on Fedora 18 and it is installed as Virtual Machine in VMWare workstation.
it has it's own fixed IP address and it is accessible without any problem as my testing websites are reachable via http/https and i can run a ssh connection to connect from my windows OS computer to my fedora server.

i want to debug my PHP code located on my fedora 18 server from my windows machine.
therefore i setup xdebug.ini as following:
zend_extension=/usr/lib64/php/modules/xdebug.so
xdebug.remote_enable=1
xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp
xdebug.remote_mode=req
xdebug.remote_autostart = 0
xdebug.remote_host=xxx.yyy.zzz.2
xdebug.remote_port=9000
xdebug.remote_log=/var/log/xdebug_remote_log

where xxx.yyy.zzz.2 is the ip address of my windows computer on which one i want to debug code.

on windows machine, in my eclipse i have standard settings about xdebug so port 9000, however it still does not stop on break points.

any idea what could be the problem ? where is my mistake ?
thx
Re: xDebug does not stop on break point [message #1063090 is a reply to message #1063019] Wed, 12 June 2013 09:03 Go to previous message
Alain Roger is currently offline Alain RogerFriend
one more question: on internet i read that each time you want to debug a remote application, you need to create a project in eclipse and to copy remote files (all files) in this project workspace, so to have a local copy of remote files.
if you do not have PHP (database, etc..) installed on your local computer how can eclipse debug "local copy" of your remote files ?
Previous Topic:'Animation Start' has encountered a problem (on launch)
Next Topic:Usage of xdebug.file_link_format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:49:21 GMT 2024