Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » Installation through Update?(Nebula cannot be installed through MarketPlace any longer (Eclipse 4.3..))
Installation through Update? [message #1062643] Mon, 10 June 2013 08:51 Go to next message
Luis Fernando Robledano-Esteban is currently offline Luis Fernando Robledano-EstebanFriend
The installation/download page uses the MarketPlace way of installing which seems to have disappeared in Eclipse 4.3 (Kepler) -in my opinion very good move in order to simplify Eclipse Smile -.
Therefore, what would be the best way to install it? Is there a plan to have an "Update" way of installation -which seems to become the standard way-?
Thanks a lot

ArkosX
Re: Installation through Update? [message #1062659 is a reply to message #1062643] Mon, 10 June 2013 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi Luis,

We support all ways of updating. Through marketplace, through drag and drop and through the normal install mechanisms.

http://www.eclipse.org/nebula/downloads.php

Regards,

Wim

Re: Installation through Update? [message #1062675 is a reply to message #1062643] Mon, 10 June 2013 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luis Fernando Robledano-Esteban is currently offline Luis Fernando Robledano-EstebanFriend
I just discovered that actually Market Place was not in my installed version 4.3M7 but it does appear in the latest one RC3.
So I used it.

(I still think that having so many different ways of updating hinders instead of helping...)

Thanks for the answer in any case Smile

ArkosX
Re: Installation through Update? [message #1062696 is a reply to message #1062675] Mon, 10 June 2013 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now I see that the second link referenced as P2, which I have no idea what it means, http://download.eclipse.org/technology/nebula/snapshot/, actually worked out as an update site.
Maybe it would be worth to say it clearly in the download page? (I presumed the snapshot referenced meant a package with a snapshot of whatever status, not latest release and not at all as an update site Sad ).

ArkosX
Re: Installation through Update? [message #1062713 is a reply to message #1062696] Mon, 10 June 2013 13:07 Go to previous message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hello Luis,

Thanks. You have to get used to the way we do things here at Eclipse. P2 is the update site mechanism here at Eclipse. It is hard not to slip into jargon after so many years. However, you will get used to it soon enough.

Regards,

Wim
Previous Topic:GridTreeViewer native LAF
Next Topic:Efficiently Filling a grid
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 22:26:13 GMT 2024