Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » How do I share Xtext projects with others?
icon5.gif  How do I share Xtext projects with others? [message #1062473] Fri, 07 June 2013 22:05 Go to next message
Neal Kruis is currently offline Neal KruisFriend
I want to put my Xtext project under version control so I can collaborate with others on developing a DSL. However, when I try to import an Xtext project suite (including the *.ui and *.test projects) I get several errors related to the JRE settings.

Is there an easy way to share projects so that others can import the projects into a different Eclipse environment? Maybe even on a different platform?
Re: How do I share Xtext projects with others? [message #1062506 is a reply to message #1062473] Sat, 08 June 2013 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Checking in should work well. What are the errors you geh?

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: How do I share Xtext projects with others? [message #1062798 is a reply to message #1062506] Mon, 10 June 2013 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neal Kruis is currently offline Neal KruisFriend
The problem comes when trying to import the projects onto a Mac (importing into windows seems to work fine).

I am getting several errors. Two of which repeat several times:

"Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater"

and

"Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater"

I realized that some of my original errors were related to having an unbound JRE System Library, but I have since hooked up the default apple java (v 1.6) and fixed several of those problems.
Re: How do I share Xtext projects with others? [message #1062808 is a reply to message #1062798] Mon, 10 June 2013 19:56 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

this is not really Xtext related. configuring a jre >= 5 should be fine.

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:Plugin distribution license (LGPL x EPL)
Next Topic:how2 specify some freetext block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:07:00 GMT 2024