Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Orion (Archived) » looking for guidance on extending Orion file system
looking for guidance on extending Orion file system [message #1062169] Thu, 06 June 2013 11:28
Michael Blout is currently offline Michael BloutFriend
Fairly new to Orion, and hoping someone can help get me started in the right direction.
I want to implement a different file system within Orion, but I'm having trouble quickly sorting out where we would plugin in. There's the 'orion.core.file' client-side plug-in point, and there's the server-side File REST APIs. And the server is OSGi, so that opens up a few possibilities.

I want to be able to implement a file system that doesn't save files to disk, but rather in a form of structured storage - in the client, they should appear as "regular' individual files (XML, HTML, etc), but ultimately they would be grouped together, with multiple 'virtual' files stored in a single storage instance.

Which extension(s) point should I be looking at? I'm not quickly understanding how the client knows to use my REST API if I implement one. Will this require implementing both the REST API and the client-side API? [I tried to run the sampleFilePlugin, and couldn't, but I didn't really understand if it related to my scenario]

Any guidance would be welcome.. trying to get a proof-of-concept running quickly.
Thanks
Previous Topic:Mass deletion of users & files?
Next Topic:Deploying jar file to Orion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:32:36 GMT 2024