Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Upgrade of Xcore SDK produces strange errors
Upgrade of Xcore SDK produces strange errors [message #1062065] Wed, 05 June 2013 15:54 Go to next message
Udo Walker is currently offline Udo Walker
Messages: 67
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi,

I upgraded to the latest Xcore SDK (1.1.0.v20130529-0713) and now I get following errors:

When I use 'String' or 'boolean' as attribute type then the Xcore source editor gives me this error message: "A generic type in this context must refer to a classifier or a type parameter"
When I wrap the String like this

type String wraps String

then the error disappears.

The second type of error is that the @GenModel annotation is not known anymore and the error "Couldn't resolve reference to XAnnotationDirective 'GenModel'." appears in the tooltip.

For this error I found no workaround.

What went wrong in my installation?

Is there a dependency which must exist?

All problems began when I tried to install the e4 tools into my Eclipse. But I use a target platform for developing my plug-ins so the e4 tools should not influence the Xcore target platform file or am I missing something?

With regards,
Udo
Re: Upgrade of Xcore SDK produces strange errors [message #1062095 is a reply to message #1062065] Wed, 05 June 2013 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 26137
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Udo,

There have been quite a few changes in how Xtext does indexing and some
lock-step changes in Xbase on which Xcore depends, so it's important to
have updated the Xtext SDK as well (and there are no version range
dependencies for these builds that enforces updating Xtext when you
update Xcore). Perhaps something as simple as a clean build would
rebuild the Xtext index, or perhaps you need to update your Xtext SDK as
well...


On 05/06/2013 5:54 PM, Udo Walker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded to the latest Xcore SDK (1.1.0.v20130529-0713) and now I
> get following errors:
>
> When I use 'String' or 'boolean' as attribute type then the Xcore
> source editor gives me this error message: "A generic type in this
> context must refer to a classifier or a type parameter"
> When I wrap the String like this
>
> type String wraps String
>
> then the error disappears.
>
> The second type of error is that the @GenModel annotation is not known
> anymore and the error "Couldn't resolve reference to
> XAnnotationDirective 'GenModel'." appears in the tooltip.
>
> For this error I found no workaround.
>
> What went wrong in my installation?
>
> Is there a dependency which must exist?
>
> All problems began when I tried to install the e4 tools into my
> Eclipse. But I use a target platform for developing my plug-ins so the
> e4 tools should not influence the Xcore target platform file or am I
> missing something?
>
> With regards,
> Udo
Re: Upgrade of Xcore SDK produces strange errors [message #1062140 is a reply to message #1062095] Thu, 06 June 2013 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Udo Walker is currently offline Udo Walker
Messages: 67
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Ed,

thanks for the tip with the "no version-range dependencies".

My target platform versions are still set to "0.0.0" to get the newest versions. But the versions in my plug-in dependencies were either not set at all or set to the wrong minimum version so the version combination of org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib and org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xcore.lib was random and did not work. I fixed the versions and now it works again.

With regards,
Udo
Re: Upgrade of Xcore SDK produces strange errors [message #1065099 is a reply to message #1062065] Mon, 24 June 2013 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamas Szabo is currently offline Tamas Szabo
Messages: 8
Registered: June 2013
Junior Member
So setting the plugin dependencies to the exact version numbers has solved this issue for you? I'm facing exactly the same thing but I just cant get it working to recognize the type. It also happens that when I use this "type-wraps" workaround the code will be generated in the src folder not in the src-gen.
Re: Upgrade of Xcore SDK produces strange errors [message #1065111 is a reply to message #1065099] Mon, 24 June 2013 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 26137
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Tamas,

The best I can suggest is getting consistent versions of Xcore and
Xbase/Xtext from the Kepler repo...

On 24/06/2013 1:28 PM, Tamas Szabo wrote:
> So setting the plugin dependencies to the exact version numbers has
> solved this issue for you? I'm facing exactly the same thing but I
> just cant get it working to recognize the type. It also happens that
> when I use this "type-wraps" workaround the code will be generated in
> the src folder not in the src-gen.
Re: Upgrade of Xcore SDK produces strange errors [message #1065120 is a reply to message #1065111] Mon, 24 June 2013 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamas Szabo is currently offline Tamas Szabo
Messages: 8
Registered: June 2013
Junior Member
I have downloaded freshly both xcore and xtext/xtend from the kepler update site and the errors still appear.
Re: Upgrade of Xcore SDK produces strange errors [message #1065138 is a reply to message #1065120] Mon, 24 June 2013 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 26137
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Tamas,

Does a clean build fix the problem?

On 24/06/2013 2:48 PM, Tamas Szabo wrote:
> I have downloaded freshly both xcore and xtext/xtend from the kepler
> update site and the errors still appear.
Re: Upgrade of Xcore SDK produces strange errors [message #1065161 is a reply to message #1065138] Mon, 24 June 2013 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamas Szabo is currently offline Tamas Szabo
Messages: 8
Registered: June 2013
Junior Member
No, it doesn't solve it.
Re: Upgrade of Xcore SDK produces strange errors [message #1065172 is a reply to message #1065161] Mon, 24 June 2013 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 26137
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Tamas,

Is this happening in a self-hosted IDE launch or directly in your main
Eclipse IDE?

On 24/06/2013 4:18 PM, Tamas Szabo wrote:
> No, it doesn't solve it.
Re: Upgrade of Xcore SDK produces strange errors [message #1065709 is a reply to message #1065172] Thu, 27 June 2013 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hendrik Eeckhaut is currently offline Hendrik Eeckhaut
Messages: 26
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I had the same problem. I could fix it by adding:
 org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xcore.lib;visibility:=reexport,

to the required plugins in the Manifest file.

Hendrik.
Re: Upgrade of Xcore SDK produces strange errors [message #1066402 is a reply to message #1065709] Tue, 02 July 2013 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Albert  Zündorf is currently offline Albert Zündorf
Messages: 4
Registered: July 2013
Junior Member
adding:
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xcore.lib;visibility:=reexport,

to the required plugins in the Manifest file

did not solve the same problem for me.

New kepler modeling edition, new xcore sdk, new xcore project

Re: Upgrade of Xcore SDK produces strange errors [message #1066410 is a reply to message #1066402] Tue, 02 July 2013 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 26137
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Albert,

I think there's a bug for which I'm working on a fix. But there's no
bugzilla open yet. Please open one with the steps so I can be sure I'm
fixing exactly the problem you're seeing.

On 02/07/2013 3:35 PM, Albert ündorf wrote:
> adding:
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xcore.lib;visibility:=reexport,
>
> to the required plugins in the Manifest file
> did not solve the same problem for me.
>
> New kepler modeling edition, new xcore sdk, new xcore project
>
>
Re: Upgrade of Xcore SDK produces strange errors [message #1066661 is a reply to message #1066410] Wed, 03 July 2013 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
x545 x545 is currently offline x545 x545
Messages: 6
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I also have this bug. I opened some closed projects in my ws and can't get around the bug. (opened projects work with this annotation work).

Is the any progress or can someone post a link to the bug?
Re: Upgrade of Xcore SDK produces strange errors [message #1066729 is a reply to message #1066661] Thu, 04 July 2013 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 26137
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Sandro,

No one has opened a bugzilla yet, so while I think I spotted a problem
and appear to have fixed it, it would be good to verify that it's the
problem others are seeing, so a bugzilla with steps would help.

On 03/07/2013 5:25 PM, Sandro Weiser wrote:
> I also have this bug. I opened some closed projects in my ws and can't
> get around the bug. (opened projects work with this annotation work).
>
> Is the any progress or can someone post a link to the bug?
Re: Upgrade of Xcore SDK produces strange errors [message #1071175 is a reply to message #1066729] Fri, 19 July 2013 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
x545 x545 is currently offline x545 x545
Messages: 6
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
works now with emf-xcore-SDK-N201307100733 and the following dependencies:
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.runtime,
org.eclipse.emf.ecore;visibility:=reexport,
org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib;visibility:=reexport,
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xcore.lib
Re: Upgrade of Xcore SDK produces strange errors [message #1071181 is a reply to message #1071175] Fri, 19 July 2013 14:02 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 26137
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Sandro,

Yes, I believe I fixed the root cause of the problem via
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=412753 for both the
maintenance stream and the development stream.

On 19/07/2013 3:53 PM, Sandro Weiser wrote:
> works now with emf-xcore-SDK-N201307100733 and the following
> dependencies:
> Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.runtime,
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore;visibility:=reexport,
> org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib;visibility:=reexport,
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xcore.lib
>
Previous Topic:Drag'n drop (or cut & paste) programmatically
Next Topic:Access an EMF package from the Ecore file.
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Oct 23 16:47:45 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02457 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software