Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » EclipseLink 1.x on JBoss 7(Known issues or incompatibility ?)
EclipseLink 1.x on JBoss 7 [message #1062041] Wed, 05 June 2013 14:33 Go to next message
Rafael Vanderlei is currently offline Rafael VanderleiFriend
Hello, everyone.

I am migrating some applications which use "ancient" EclipseLink versions (one uses 1.0.1 and other uses 1.2.0) from JBoss 4.2.2 to JBoss 7.1.1.Final and I'd like to know if it's possible for you, EclipseLink developers (or more experienced users), to guide me with some information about the viability and the issues I should take care of by trying to do such migration.

I may be wrong, but I have been reading some posts noting that support for JBoss 7 started on EclipseLink 2.4, but so far, I am getting to deploy the applications, even using EclipseLink 1.x and also running a few tests which have being succesfull so far.

What worries me most is that unfortunately the tests coverage is not enough to trust them and I'm afraid that some scenarios not covered might escape deffects to the final users. And that's why I need help from EclipseLink developers to tell me if there are issues already known (EclipseLink 1.x + JBoss 7), so I could try to workaround and lower the risks of escaping bugs to the production environment.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rafael.
Re: EclipseLink 1.x on JBoss 7 [message #1062964 is a reply to message #1062041] Tue, 11 June 2013 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

If you are using JPA as application managed, you should not have any issues. With container managed I believe the only issues we had with JBoss was with weaving. If you disable weaving, or use static weaving, you should not have any issues.

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Re: EclipseLink 1.x on JBoss 7 [message #1062971 is a reply to message #1062964] Tue, 11 June 2013 14:47 Go to previous message
Rafael Vanderlei is currently offline Rafael VanderleiFriend
Hi, James. Thanks for reply.

I'm using container managed with static weaving and actually I haven't seen any issues so far *.

It's good to know there are no known issues.

As I told before, I just thought of consulting you because the app I'm deploying doesn't have good test coverage and I was afraid of eventually running into some specific scenario which would break because of possible incompatibility.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Rafael.

* Actually, I'm having a little issue, but I'm pretty convinced its a failure in JBoss. In short, When I install 2 versions of EclipseLink as modules in JBoss, the AS is always loading the "main" module, even when I tell it to load a different slot of the module. It's being discussed at JBoss Forum ( at community.jboss.org/message/822416 )
Previous Topic:JPQL problems with JOIN FETCH on List<Entity>
Next Topic:CacheInterceptor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:46:38 GMT 2024