Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Autrun and RCP application
Autrun and RCP application [message #1061708] Mon, 03 June 2013 14:48 Go to next message
Elise Ruelle is currently offline Elise RuelleFriend
Hi,

I try to execute some test suite of different project in an similar AUT (an RCP application) in a build process on Jenkins.
For that I would like to launch my RCP application once with autrun.exe and close it after all the test suite execution.
All works fine but my RCP application is not complete. Actually, it has just one prespective with the icon of jubula's perspective and it has just the progess view.
I work on windows XP and I tried the command line (I tried with more option and I have the same problem) :
PATHTOJUBULA\autrun.exe -p 60000 -rcp -k en_US -i MTL -e PATHTOAUT\AUT.exe -data "PATHTODATA"

So, I would like to know if anybody have an idea of why i have this problem and how I can resolved it.

I have another question about the execution of multiple test suite. In fact, when a test suite failed my job on Jenkins is stopped but I would like to continue the test execution, is it possible ?

And finally, I red something about the possibility of merging two versions of a project in a future version of Jubula. This information is already available or not?

Thanks
Best regards,

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: Autrun and RCP application [message #1061863 is a reply to message #1061708] Tue, 04 June 2013 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

It looks like you're missing some important parameters for autrun. The documentation for autrun is here:
http://help.eclipse.org/juno/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node81.html

You should also bear the information on this ticket in mind.

As to your other questions:

- With Event Handlers, you should be able to make the test continue.
- There is no current support for merging versions of a project. We recommend working with a multi-user database to allow different people to work on the project.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Autrun and RCP application [message #1062418 is a reply to message #1061863] Fri, 07 June 2013 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your reply. actually, I just use the AUT and it's work fine.

In fact with Event Handler I can continue my test suite but if my test suite is failed my job in Hudson will failed too and I don't want that because I need to execute all my test suites. I find a way to have that. In my Ant task i define my target as false if it fails.
After that, I use log parser plugin in Hudson to check the log and fine if an exit code=1.
But now I have another question..(I have a lot of questions Very Happy ). I have an hudson's Job, who execute some Jubula's tests, on a virtual machine but if the virtual machine is running bat has no open session my tests failed at the beginning with this errors :
WARN o.e.j.rc.swt.driver.RobotSwtImpl - Current and end points not equal after mouse move. Waiting 1 second to see if a delay fixes the problem.
WARN o.e.j.rc.swt.driver.RobotSwtImpl - Delay did not fix the problem. Trying to call mouse move one more time with an additional wait afterward.
ERROR o.e.j.rc.swt.driver.RobotSwtImpl - Current and end points not equal after mouse move. The mouse pointer could not be correctly moved.

And in my reports the screenshot is just a black screen...

I would like to know why my tests can't be executed and how I can resolve the problem because the aim is to execute the build during the night and no session will be opened...
Could you help me? Any idea?

Thanks per advance

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: Autrun and RCP application [message #1062725 is a reply to message #1061708] Mon, 10 June 2013 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Today, I've worked on Jubula and I've tried to create a keyboard layout for a french keyboard. I red the problem with french keyboards and I've seen the bug was detected in 2011. So, i would like to know if this bug will be fixed in the future...Or since the detection have you an idea which can i make to resolve it. Because I tried a lot of things with keycode and others but it doesn't work...

Thanks per advance for any help

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: Autrun and RCP application [message #1063066 is a reply to message #1062725] Wed, 12 June 2013 06:14 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Elise,

The necessary setup for a test machine is that it has a GUI and a keyboard (they don't have to be physically there, e.g. you can use a virtual machine). You should also activate e.g. autologon when the machine starts. These are things that are a part of the build tool / separate scripts that get added to the build tool.

As far as I'm aware, there's no news on the French keyboard issue. I remember someone saying that they were using a belgian one because the numbers are on the lower row as opposed to being accessible with shift, but I'm fuzzy on the details.

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:Problem with toolkit example for rcp
Next Topic:Error:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:12:01 GMT 2024