Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Outline broken in Xtext 2.4.2
Outline broken in Xtext 2.4.2 [message #1061500] Sat, 01 June 2013 07:48 Go to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
Messages: 1418
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi

when updating Kepler I got also Xtext 2.4.2 (which, however, I do not
see in Xtext releases update site, so it is not an official release?)

the outline view seems broken; I tried that with my DSLs but the same
holds for a freshly imported domain model example

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4471/brokenoutline.png

as you see, it always shows the name of the file, not the names of the
elements...

is it a known issue? I did not find a bug about that...

Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Re: Outline broken in Xtext 2.4.2 [message #1061521 is a reply to message #1061500] Sat, 01 June 2013 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Koehnlein is currently offline Jan KoehnleinFriend
Messages: 658
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Please file a bug.

Am 01.06.13 09:48, schrieb Lorenzo Bettini:
> Hi
>
> when updating Kepler I got also Xtext 2.4.2 (which, however, I do not
> see in Xtext releases update site, so it is not an official release?)
>
> the outline view seems broken; I tried that with my DSLs but the same
> holds for a freshly imported domain model example
>
> http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4471/brokenoutline.png
>
> as you see, it always shows the name of the file, not the names of the
> elements...
>
> is it a known issue? I did not find a bug about that...
>
> Lorenzo
>


--
Need professional support for Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com
Re: Outline broken in Xtext 2.4.2 [message #1061522 is a reply to message #1061500] Sat, 01 June 2013 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Koehnlein is currently offline Jan KoehnleinFriend
Messages: 658
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I cannot reprodcue this.

Xtext 2.4.2 will be the version released with Kepler. Note that we're on
RC2 now, so no release yet. Where did you get the Xtext update from?
Whih version is it exactly?


Am 01.06.13 09:48, schrieb Lorenzo Bettini:
> Hi
>
> when updating Kepler I got also Xtext 2.4.2 (which, however, I do not
> see in Xtext releases update site, so it is not an official release?)
>
> the outline view seems broken; I tried that with my DSLs but the same
> holds for a freshly imported domain model example
>
> http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4471/brokenoutline.png
>
> as you see, it always shows the name of the file, not the names of the
> elements...
>
> is it a known issue? I did not find a bug about that...
>
> Lorenzo
>


--
Need professional support for Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com
Re: Outline broken in Xtext 2.4.2 [message #1061540 is a reply to message #1061522] Sun, 02 June 2013 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
Messages: 1418
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Jan

I've just downloaded Kepler RC2, in its update site you find

Kepler - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler
Xtext SDK 2.4.2.v201305290329

and with this very version, I cannot reproduce it either! I experienced
this problem a few days ago, so probably it was due to a previous
version 2.4.2 which was in Kepler RC1 I guess...

the only small problem I see with the outline view of the Domainmodel
example is that it does not show the custom images, but regenerating the
Xtext artifacts seems to fix this, so I guess it's just due to the fact
that the shipped Domainmodel example is not yet up-to-date.

Sorry for the noise, I should have reported this when I actually
experienced the problem :)

But from what you say I was wondering: is Xtext 2.4.2 in Kepler update
site intentional?

cheers
Lorenzo

On 06/01/2013 11:12 PM, Jan Koehnlein wrote:
> I cannot reprodcue this.
>
> Xtext 2.4.2 will be the version released with Kepler. Note that we're on
> RC2 now, so no release yet. Where did you get the Xtext update from?
> Whih version is it exactly?
>
>
> Am 01.06.13 09:48, schrieb Lorenzo Bettini:
>> Hi
>>
>> when updating Kepler I got also Xtext 2.4.2 (which, however, I do not
>> see in Xtext releases update site, so it is not an official release?)
>>
>> the outline view seems broken; I tried that with my DSLs but the same
>> holds for a freshly imported domain model example
>>
>> http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4471/brokenoutline.png
>>
>> as you see, it always shows the name of the file, not the names of the
>> elements...
>>
>> is it a known issue? I did not find a bug about that...
>>
>> Lorenzo
>>
>
>


--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Re: Outline broken in Xtext 2.4.2 [message #1061582 is a reply to message #1061540] Mon, 03 June 2013 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Koehnlein is currently offline Jan KoehnleinFriend
Messages: 658
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Lorenzo,

The outline issue is solved in the current head. The fix will be
available in RC3.

Yes, we will ship Xtext 2.4.2 with Kepler.

Regards
Jan

Am 02.06.13 17:38, schrieb Lorenzo Bettini:
> Hi Jan
>
> I've just downloaded Kepler RC2, in its update site you find
>
> Kepler - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler
> Xtext SDK 2.4.2.v201305290329
>
> and with this very version, I cannot reproduce it either! I experienced
> this problem a few days ago, so probably it was due to a previous
> version 2.4.2 which was in Kepler RC1 I guess...
>
> the only small problem I see with the outline view of the Domainmodel
> example is that it does not show the custom images, but regenerating the
> Xtext artifacts seems to fix this, so I guess it's just due to the fact
> that the shipped Domainmodel example is not yet up-to-date.
>
> Sorry for the noise, I should have reported this when I actually
> experienced the problem :)
>
> But from what you say I was wondering: is Xtext 2.4.2 in Kepler update
> site intentional?
>
> cheers
> Lorenzo
>
> On 06/01/2013 11:12 PM, Jan Koehnlein wrote:
>> I cannot reprodcue this.
>>
>> Xtext 2.4.2 will be the version released with Kepler. Note that we're on
>> RC2 now, so no release yet. Where did you get the Xtext update from?
>> Whih version is it exactly?
>>
>>
>> Am 01.06.13 09:48, schrieb Lorenzo Bettini:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> when updating Kepler I got also Xtext 2.4.2 (which, however, I do not
>>> see in Xtext releases update site, so it is not an official release?)
>>>
>>> the outline view seems broken; I tried that with my DSLs but the same
>>> holds for a freshly imported domain model example
>>>
>>> http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4471/brokenoutline.png
>>>
>>> as you see, it always shows the name of the file, not the names of the
>>> elements...
>>>
>>> is it a known issue? I did not find a bug about that...
>>>
>>> Lorenzo
>>>
>>
>>
>
>


--
Need professional support for Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com
Re: Outline broken in Xtext 2.4.2 [message #1074735 is a reply to message #1061500] Sat, 27 July 2013 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arshad Adavani is currently offline Arshad AdavaniFriend
Messages: 119
Registered: July 2013
Location: Bangalore
Senior Member
Hello all,
Can anyone tell me how to add a tool tip OR Menu for a node in outline view of xtext..


Arshad
Re: Outline broken in Xtext 2.4.2 [message #1075416 is a reply to message #1074735] Mon, 29 July 2013 11:35 Go to previous message
Jan Koehnlein is currently offline Jan KoehnleinFriend
Messages: 658
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Have a look at the
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.actions.CopyQualifiedNameAction
and how it's being registered in the plugin.xml

Am 27.07.13 17:45, schrieb Arshad Adavani:
> Hello all,
> Can anyone tell me how to add a tool tip OR Menu for a node in outline
> view of xtext..


--
Need professional support for Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com
Previous Topic:Illegal escape character in json grammar for character that is in the grammar
Next Topic:Xtext 2.4.2: content assist: how to use a filter in completeRuleCall ?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Dec 21 04:20:54 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01864 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software