Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula thinks component name still exists after deletion(Deleted technical name, can't re-assign component name that was assigned to it)
Jubula thinks component name still exists after deletion [message #1061487] Fri, 31 May 2013 22:27 Go to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
I have two AUTs in my workspace. I had a component name assigned to a technical name in one of the AUTs, but then realized that I needed to use it in the other AUT instead. So, I went to the OM editor of the first AUT, and deleted the technical name, receiving a warning that this would also delete all of its assigned component names. This was what I wanted.

However, when I tried to create the same name in the other AUT's OM editor, it wouldn't let me because it said the component name already exists. I also noticed that the name still shows up under "Used Component Names" in the Component Name Browser (but not under "Assigned Names" in the OM Editor). When I right-click it in the browser and select "Show where used", nothing comes up, so I assume that its presence in the browser is erroneous.

Is there any trick whereby I can make this component name go away completely, or at least be recognized as unassigned so that I can re-assign it? Or is this more likely a database-end problem that I won't be able to fix in Jubula? If there is another trick that will allow me to avoid having this happen again, that would also be helpful.

Thanks!
Re: Jubula thinks component name still exists after deletion [message #1061861 is a reply to message #1061487] Tue, 04 June 2013 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

It sounds a bit like it could be a refresh problem - does refreshing the project lead to the component name being placed under "Unused component names"?

HTH,
Alex
Re: Jubula thinks component name still exists after deletion [message #1061912 is a reply to message #1061861] Tue, 04 June 2013 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
There did not seem to be a Refresh option enabled for the Component Name Browser. What do I need to have selected in which view in order to enable the ability to refresh the project?

Note: the project has been reconfigured so that there is only one AUT, as there should have been (the two that existed before were two versions of the same AUT). I think that may have fixed this particular instance of the problem, but I remember having seen a similar issue before, so having a possible remedy would still be helpful.

Thanks!
Re: Jubula thinks component name still exists after deletion [message #1062305 is a reply to message #1061912] Fri, 07 June 2013 06:54 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Sorry for the confusion - the project refresh can be triggered from the menu or from within the Test Suite Browser with F5.

best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Log user message or errors in jubula
Next Topic:Poll on documentation use
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:03:43 GMT 2024