Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Conflict in RowHideShowLayer and ColumnHideShowLayer (Conflict in RowHideShowLayer and ColumnHideShowLayer )
Conflict in RowHideShowLayer and ColumnHideShowLayer [message #1061004] Wed, 29 May 2013 13:37 Go to next message
SD Khan is currently offline SD KhanFriend
Hi All,

I want's to use RowHideShowLayer given in the org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.core , so i have created the instance of RowHideShowLayer and then created an object of SelectionLayer and passed the RowHideShowLayer object into it's constructor then used some of the functions of row hiding, it worked but there were two problems.

1. Rows were hided but index and positions were not updated.
2. ColumnHideShowLayer stopped working because it works when it becomes the underlying layer of SelectionLayer but as described above i also wants to use RowHideShowLayer.

So now how i can use both the layers that is ColumnHideShowLayer and RowHideShowLayer at the same time? as both wants to become the underlying layer of SelectionLayer to work properly.

Why the indexes and row positions are not updating when using row hiding functions, in my opinion most probably event list is not updated and may be RowReorderLayer is not working properly also, how to get it work ?

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks,
Safdar Khan
Re: Conflict in RowHideShowLayer and ColumnHideShowLayer [message #1061069 is a reply to message #1061004] Wed, 29 May 2013 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
If you use GlazedLists you should consider using GlazedListsRowHideShowLayer because of issues regarding GlazedLists handling in combination with hiding rows
Re: Conflict in RowHideShowLayer and ColumnHideShowLayer [message #1061111 is a reply to message #1061069] Thu, 30 May 2013 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay thanks, but i am still curious about that underlying layer problem ?
Re: Conflict in RowHideShowLayer and ColumnHideShowLayer [message #1061112 is a reply to message #1061111] Thu, 30 May 2013 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
There is no such constraint that the hide show layers need to be directly the underlying layer of SelectionLayer. The SelectionLayer needs to be on top of both for the index transformation of the selection, that's all. And the transformation is done on handling the corresponding events.

I don't understand why you are thinking there is such a constraint.
Re: Conflict in RowHideShowLayer and ColumnHideShowLayer [message #1061136 is a reply to message #1061112] Thu, 30 May 2013 08:06 Go to previous message
okay, i got it, i have made selection layer on the top and got it work.

Thanks,
Safdar Khan
Previous Topic:Enable Filter Row, not filtering data due to conflict with matcher editor object
Next Topic:Installing the 1.0 release
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:37:36 GMT 2024