Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Vex » Reopening a dialog with Vex(Reopen a dialog that has Vex, or cloning Document)
Reopening a dialog with Vex [message #1060422] Fri, 24 May 2013 14:59 Go to next message
shay leon is currently offline shay leonFriend
Hi Florian.

I wonder if by any chance you can help me with this issue:

I am doing something pretty similar to your example in the German magazine.

The difference is - I need to re-open the dialog with text submitted to it previously, so an example workflow would be:

* Open dialog, write TEXT, click BOLD button, click OK
-- (when dialog closes, store dialog.getDocument() )
* Open dialog (I'm sending to it the previously saved Document). It has TEXT in BOLD and allows me to add more text.

This works fine, but I keep getting an error message saying that VexWidget is disposed. (This could be happening since the dialog.getDocument doesn't exist anymore. If I re-open the dialog with a new Document, there is no error message, but obviously it doesn't have the content which I submitted in previous entries. )

I think if there was a way to clone Document, so that when reopening the dialog, I'll send to it a new Document with values from previous openings, this will solve the problem, but Document does not provide such access.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanking you.

Shay
Re: Reopening a dialog with Vex [message #1060750 is a reply to message #1060422] Tue, 28 May 2013 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shay leon is currently offline shay leonFriend
Solved. Had to re-create the document with DocumentReader.
cheers.
S
Re: Reopening a dialog with Vex [message #1063024 is a reply to message #1060750] Tue, 11 June 2013 20:09 Go to previous message
Florian Thienel is currently offline Florian ThienelFriend
Sorry, I'm a bit busy at my day job at the moment, hence I didn't see your post earlier.

If you have any suggestions regarding the API, we are eager to know about it. Feel free to create bugs in https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs.
Previous Topic:Implementing undo/copy/cut in Vex Dialog
Next Topic:Why is Editor Read-Only?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 20:24:47 GMT 2024