Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » JTable header invisible when created by addColumn()
JTable header invisible when created by addColumn() [message #1060408] Fri, 24 May 2013 13:55 Go to next message
Markus Schütz is currently offline Markus SchützFriend
It seems like WindowBuilder does not display table headers if they were created by calling JTable.addColumn().

The left shows a table created using setModel() and the right a table created using addColumn()
index.php/fa/15034/0/

At runtime, they both look the same.
index.php/fa/15035/0/

I've attached the test code as TableTest.java.
Is there any way to make it work without big code changes?

EDIT:
In addition, if you define a subclass of JTable (CustomTable.java), initialize it with addColumn() and then add this subclassed table somewhere (CustomTablTest.java), the headers will be visible. But only if the subclass has been defined in its own file! When I moved the subclass definition inside the CustomTableTest class, it did not work.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 May 2013 14:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JTable header invisible when created by addColumn() [message #1060502 is a reply to message #1060408] Sat, 25 May 2013 14:04 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
WindowBuilder does not currently support the addColumn() method, so it does not try to parse it.

Since addColumn() is not a simple JavaBean property, special design-time support would need to be added for it.

I would suggest adding a feature request to Bugzilla describing the need so that we can track it for future work. WB is open source, so we would certainly welcome a patch that added that capability.
Previous Topic:WindowBuilder Bug. Control position in Designer View is opposite
Next Topic:Bug, crash on Exposing a label
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:28:31 GMT 2024