Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Designer plugin classloader exception(java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: interface com.sun.xml.ws.developer.WSBindingProvider is not visible from class loader)
Designer plugin classloader exception [message #1060165] Thu, 23 May 2013 11:39 Go to next message
Mark Mescher is currently offline Mark MescherFriend
Hi,
I have developed a scripted data set using JAVA. This dataset is using jax-ws to receive it's data. The dataset is working fine for me and can be used in our own server solution and also in Designer's preview.
Now in additon I have implemented a native RCP Eclipse plugin for uploading the design file to our server. The final jar is just copied to the Designer's plugin directory. This plugin is also using jax-ws and is also running fine.

But now I am running into a problem. When using preview and plugin at the same time without restarting Designer (e.g. running a preview and after that upload design file or the other way round), I'm running into an exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: interface com.sun.xml.ws.developer.WSBindingProvider is not visible from class loader

The problem seems to be that both implementations are using the same jar-dependencies (which are delivered twice, with dataset and plugin). But as far as I understood every Eclipse plugin should use its own classloader, so where is the problem? Does anyone has an idea whats to do?

Thank you a lot!

Note: I'm using Birt 4.2.2.

Best regards

Mark
Re: Designer plugin classloader exception [message #1060268 is a reply to message #1060165] Thu, 23 May 2013 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Where do you put the jax-ws jar to fulfill the dependency on it by the Data Set?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Designer plugin classloader exception [message #1060303 is a reply to message #1060268] Fri, 24 May 2013 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have placed the jar dependencies in the same directory as my dataset:
plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_4.2.2.v201302041142\birt\scriptlib

Standalone without my additional RCP plugin this works fine.

My RCP-Plugin brings its own jar's with it, all bundled in the plugin.jar.
Re: Designer plugin classloader exception [message #1060639 is a reply to message #1060303] Mon, 27 May 2013 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any better places where libraries should be placed?

[Updated on: Mon, 27 May 2013 12:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Designer plugin classloader exception [message #1061042 is a reply to message #1060639] Wed, 29 May 2013 16:04 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

What happens if you remove the jar from the scriptlib folder? Does it find the jar in the plug-in to use and avoid the conflict?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Fiscal Report BIRT
Next Topic:my parameter problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:46:14 GMT 2024