Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Eclipse Foundation » [META] Searching the forum for my own posts(How do I get more than the 40 latest posts)
[META] Searching the forum for my own posts [message #1060157] Thu, 23 May 2013 11:23 Go to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
I've been trying to look for an older forum post. I thought the easiest way would be to go to my profile and then select "Show all messages by Urs Beeli".
index.php/fa/15021/0/

This brings up a list of my 40 newest posts. It also shows that in total there are 163 posts by me (which matches the number shown in my profile). However, I fail to see any possibility to go back further than the newest 40 posts (i.e. there is no "next page" button that I can find).

Is this a (known) limitation/bug of the Eclipse forum? Or am I just missing something really obvious?
index.php/fa/15022/0/

(I've found the post I had been looking for by searching for the correct keywords, but for future reference I am still hoping that there is an answer to my question).
  • Attachment: forum0.png
    (Size: 18.96KB, Downloaded 885 times)
  • Attachment: forum.png
    (Size: 61.28KB, Downloaded 937 times)
Re: [META] Searching the forum for my own posts [message #1060274 is a reply to message #1060157] Thu, 23 May 2013 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Hi Urs,

I do not know where you can ask this question... It is no problem to ask it here, but it is the wrong location (only scout users/contributors are here -> reduced audience in comparison to the forum users).

In the search panel of this forum you have the possibility to filter by user. I am not sure what the user name should be (because there is probably a mapping with the eclipse.org single sign-on account).
=> If you want to have something changed in the forum, you can file a bug under "Product > Community; Component > Forums and Newsgroups". It did work for me before.

When I need to find something in the forum, I use google with "site:http://www.eclipse.org/forums" in my query.
Re: [META] Searching the forum for my own posts [message #1060573 is a reply to message #1060274] Mon, 27 May 2013 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
Thanks Jeremie.

As I had written in my post, I had been successful finding my post. The way I found it, was using the search panel you linked to above. Unfortunately the search panel only works if you search for at least one keyword, so it cannot be used to search for all posts by a user.

I'll file a bug report for the forum and see if that gets me a response. (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=409108)
Re: [META] Searching the forum for my own posts [message #1060788 is a reply to message #1060573] Tue, 28 May 2013 12:41 Go to previous message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

The "Eclipse Foundation" forum would be the right forum for this. As mentioned previously, there is a bug open, so we'll discuss / address the issue in the bug.

Thanks

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Previous Topic:Stanford Eclipse Log Error! Please help?
Next Topic:Eclipsepedia: delete old redirection page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:45:05 GMT 2024