Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » CDT Build Error(Run into an error in the middle of the build for CDT)
CDT Build Error [message #1059623] Mon, 20 May 2013 21:07 Go to next message
Jon Lockhart is currently offline Jon LockhartFriend
I seem to be running into some trouble while trying to install 8.1.2 of CDT. First when I use the download url or the .zip package through the "Install New Software ..." link under help in Eclipse, the package Miscellaneous C/C++ Tools fails as there is a dependency that I can't seem to resolve. We can get to this one later as the main issue I am facing right now is that not even the base CDT package will install in Eclipse for me. I encounter an error. Please see the provided screen shot of the error window that appears for the actual error being reported.

I am running C/C++ Eclipse Juno on a Windows 7 box. If you all need any further information, please let me know. I hope to get this installed soon as I am looking to use CODAN as part of my development process.
Re: CDT Build Error [message #1059906 is a reply to message #1059623] Wed, 22 May 2013 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Do you have administration rights to install/uninstall software on this computer? Seems like you have no write permission for the C:\Programs Files folder.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: CDT Build Error [message #1060054 is a reply to message #1059906] Wed, 22 May 2013 17:47 Go to previous message
Jon Lockhart is currently offline Jon LockhartFriend
@Axel: Thanks for getting back with me. Yes I do have admin privileges on the machine I am using. Your comment reminded me that the way the image and login are setup for this machine, I have to right click and run the software as Administrator. A slight annoyance to be sure but is what it is. Anyways, running like this resolved the dependency and I was also able to fully install the tool. Thank you for the help.
Previous Topic:How to use and modify the AST tutorial
Next Topic:How to change project settings by script/tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:57:52 GMT 2024