Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » Eclipse wsdl validator doesn't show exact error (Moving from XML Schema Definition (XSD) project)
Eclipse wsdl validator doesn't show exact error [message #1059420] Sat, 18 May 2013 07:05
Lasith Chandrasekara is currently offline Lasith ChandrasekaraFriend
Hi All,

Got a chance to work with eclipse WSDL validator. But it seems like it doesn't return exact error message when not having network connection to the site. It would be better if it can give detailed message by saying "this resource on can't find".
i.e. can't find resource

As I can understand the connection to is not mandatory for WSDL validation. But since it attempts to connect to, when doing validation with a machine doesn't have internet connection this may consume 2-3 minutes (depending on the DNS and proxy configuration on networks). In that case it is better to have descriptive message.

Following stack-trace might be useful to understanding,
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.profile.impl.ProfileAssertionsReaderImpl.readProfileAssertions(
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.profile.impl.ProfileAssertionsReaderImpl.readProfileAssertions(
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.WSITestToolsProperties.getProfileAssertions(
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.analyzer.BasicProfileAnalyzer.validateConformance(
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.analyzer.Analyzer.validateAll(
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.analyzer.WSDLAnalyzer.validateConformance(
at org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.validate.wsdl.WSDLValidator.validate(

As my understanding here the problem is in WSITestToolsProperties.getProfileAssertions(). Where it catches the exception and return null results.
catch (Exception e)
result = null;
So from this point onwards we are not throwing the excact error message.
Anyway the final log message is (it don't have information about ws-r resource path),

WS-I: A problem occured while running the WS-I WSDL conformance check: org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.analyzer.WSIAnalyzerException: The WS-I Test Assertion Document (TAD)document was either not found or could not be processed.The WSDLAnalyzer was unable to validate the given WSDL File.

-Lasith Chandrasekara
Previous Topic:offline WSDLValidator.validate()
Next Topic:Web Service Client creation problem with Apache CXF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Nov 25 18:37:24 GMT 2015