Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » BrowserField on Mac OS X
BrowserField on Mac OS X [message #1059113] Thu, 16 May 2013 19:53 Go to next message
Aqua Macboy is currently offline Aqua MacboyFriend
Did anyone manage to get the BrowserField running on Mac OS X? I always get the following error:

Exception in thread "SWT HTML Display Dispatcher" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/swt/widgets/Display
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.swing.form.fields.browserfield.internal.SwingScoutBrowserField$StaticDisplayDispatcher.run(SwingScoutBrowserField.java:368)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:501)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:421)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:412)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
	... 1 more

I am using Java 7 on OS X Snow Leopard. I have the SWT Bundle and Fragment included in my product and I am following this thread (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/452511/) to launch my client. Is it possible to use the BrowserField on OS X?
Re: BrowserField on Mac OS X [message #1060214 is a reply to message #1059113] Thu, 23 May 2013 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Leicht Vogt is currently offline Stephan Leicht VogtFriend
Hi
Can you confirm that you have one of the following fragments in your product
org.eclipse.swt.cocoa.macosx.x86_64

for the 64bit jre - probably the one you have.

Or

org.eclipse.swt.cocoa.macosx

for the 32bit jre - this would be uncommon but worth checking.

Greetings
Stephan
Re: BrowserField on Mac OS X [message #1060571 is a reply to message #1060214] Mon, 27 May 2013 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your response, Stephan.

The x86_64 fragment was there but not loading since I did start the Eclipse Scout application with the -arch x64 option as mentioned in another post (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/452511/). Now I switched to the solution proposed by Adrian Moser in the same thread, starting the application with the -nosplash option.

This seems to help (the SWT bundle loads), but gives me another error:

***WARNING: Display must be created on main thread due to Cocoa restrictions.

and then
Exception in thread "SWT HTML Display Dispatcher" org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Invalid thread access
	at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4361)
	at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4276)
	at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4247)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.error(Display.java:1068)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.createDisplay(Display.java:825)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.create(Display.java:808)
	at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.<init>(Device.java:130)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:699)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:690)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.getDefault(Display.java:1386)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.swing.form.fields.browserfield.internal.SwingScoutBrowserField$StaticDisplayDispatcher.run(SwingScoutBrowserField.java:368)

Did you successfully use the BrowserField on OS X?
Re: BrowserField on Mac OS X [message #1062334 is a reply to message #1059113] Fri, 07 June 2013 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since I fear the BrowserField is not compatible with Mac OS X (see post above), is there any list which fields are compatible on OS X (or other platforms)?

Thank you
Re: BrowserField on Mac OS X [message #1062343 is a reply to message #1062334] Fri, 07 June 2013 10:07 Go to previous message
Stephan Leicht Vogt is currently offline Stephan Leicht VogtFriend
Hi

Sorry for the late answer. I tried to get it working before my vacation but unfortunately I did not succeed. The problem is, that we use the SWT browser widget which renders html content way better than the swing one. As we are manly working with windows, as our clients, this issue never popped up. But nevertheless it has to be fixed. Could you please open a bug?
As of now this is the only field/component in swing which uses SWT and doesn't work in OSX.

--
Greetings Stephan
Previous Topic:Focusable field in Swing and SWT
Next Topic:How to create a page that contains a form instead of a table?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:54:04 GMT 2024