Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Extending the SysML Datamodel
Extending the SysML Datamodel [message #1059080] Thu, 16 May 2013 15:02 Go to next message
Stefan S. is currently offline Stefan S.Friend
Hello everyone,

I would like to try to extend the data model of the internal block diagram, by extending the flow ports with some new properties. I would like to validate this properties with a custom validation approach.

I would like to use Papyrus for an approach I am investigating in my master's thesis for system validation.

I already search for this topic, but can not find any suggestion on how to start, especially because I am new to Papyrus and Eclipse Plugin development.

Thanks for any help.
Re: Extending the SysML Datamodel [message #1059184 is a reply to message #1059080] Fri, 17 May 2013 07:42 Go to previous message
Klaas Gadeyne is currently offline Klaas GadeyneFriend
Stefan S. wrote on Thu, 16 May 2013 11:02
Hello everyone,

I would like to try to extend the data model of the internal block diagram, by extending the flow ports with some new properties. I would like to validate this properties with a custom validation approach.

I would like to use Papyrus for an approach I am investigating in my master's thesis for system validation.

I already search for this topic, but can not find any suggestion on how to start, especially because I am new to Papyrus and Eclipse Plugin development.

Thanks for any help.

There are probably some ways in which this can be done, but the simplest (not needing to create java plugin code manually) is to create a profile, and add some (OCL) validation rules to it (YMMV Smile. Search the forum for more info. Since this is a (very) recent feature (see [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=382975], I suggest you use at least the latest kepler milestone build.

HTH,

Klaas

Previous Topic:Critical Exception in latest M7 build
Next Topic:Initialize papyrus diagram from an UML file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:47:49 GMT 2024