Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Any hints/example on AbstractTreeField usage?
icon5.gif  Any hints/example on AbstractTreeField usage? [message #1059079] Thu, 16 May 2013 14:47 Go to next message
Andriy Fomenko is currently offline Andriy FomenkoFriend
I'm trying to build a form, where my application resources would be read from the database and presented in a tree-like form for manipulation.

I would assume it should be somehow similar to http://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Concepts/TreeBox, but apparently it has no getConfiguredLookupCall() method to override... Class has no hints on usage pattern in JavaDoc as well.

Can anybody please point me in right direction on what usage pattern for AbstractTreeField ?
Re: Any hints/example on AbstractTreeField usage? [message #1059091 is a reply to message #1059079] Thu, 16 May 2013 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Be aware that there is a TreeField (I just created the page in the wiki) and a TreeBox.

Maybe you are looking for the TreeBox. The tree box works with CodeType or LookupCall.

If you decide to go for a TreeField, you will need to work with a Scout org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.basic.tree.ITree and programm everything you need.

The Scout Widget demo application (work in progress) has a demo TreeField. It is more for demonstration purpose, because the way the Tree is built in execInitField(), is not as you want to do in a real application.

I hope this helps, otherwise do not hesitate to ask questions.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 May 2013 16:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Any hints/example on AbstractTreeField usage? [message #1059112 is a reply to message #1059091] Thu, 16 May 2013 19:12 Go to previous message
Andriy Fomenko is currently offline Andriy FomenkoFriend
Thank for this great link with fresh examples: it helps a lot!
Previous Topic:Standalone scout project error at starting client
Next Topic:Renaming Services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:30:57 GMT 2024