Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EPP » Missing Marketplace(Kepler Missing Market Place)
Missing Marketplace [message #1058757] Tue, 14 May 2013 22:40 Go to next message
Keith Spriggs is currently offline Keith Spriggs
Messages: 7
Registered: April 2013
Junior Member
Hi guys, I'm running kepler, but I would like to add in some applications, however it seem that the marketplace is missing.
How would I go about installing it?
Thanks in advance
Re: Missing Marketplace [message #1059454 is a reply to message #1058757] Sat, 18 May 2013 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Margahayuland Margahayuland is currently offline Margahayuland Margahayuland
Messages: 2
Registered: May 2013
Location: Bandung
Junior Member
i have same problem also. Smile

Margahayuland
Re: Missing Marketplace [message #1059779 is a reply to message #1058757] Tue, 21 May 2013 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell Bateman
Messages: 3189
Registered: July 2009
Location: Provo, Utah, USA
Senior Member

On 5/14/2013 4:40 PM, Keith Spriggs wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm running kepler, but I would like to add in some
> applications, however it seem that the marketplace is missing.
> How would I go about installing it?
> Thanks in advance

It doesn't need "installing." It's part of Eclipse. While you give no
details at all to help you, likely you are behind a proxy that you have
not configured Eclipse for or, for some other reason, don't have access
from Eclipse to the Internet.
Re: Missing Marketplace [message #1059935 is a reply to message #1059779] Wed, 22 May 2013 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Heeg is currently offline Claudio Heeg
Messages: 75
Registered: April 2013
Member
I _think_ Eclipse Classic doesn't come with the marketplace. At least that was the case a while ago on..Indigo or Juno, I can't remember exactly.
But I know that I ran into that problem with a download of a "Classic" release.
Re: Missing Marketplace [message #1201250 is a reply to message #1059935] Thu, 21 November 2013 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Aiezz is currently offline Alex Aiezz
Messages: 2
Registered: November 2013
Junior Member
Claudio Heeg wrote on Wed, 22 May 2013 04:38
I _think_ Eclipse Classic doesn't come with the marketplace. At least that was the case a while ago on..Indigo or Juno, I can't remember exactly.
But I know that I ran into that problem with a download of a "Classic" release.


And that's where you are wrong Claudio. Just like many other things in Eclipse, the Marketplace feature is a plugin! You are correct in saying though that "Classic" Eclipse, essentially a more bare version of eclipse with less pre-installed plugins, does not have the marketplace.

However it is completely possible to install it from here. http://www.eclipse.org/mpc/

Copy and paste the update site for your eclipse version http://www.eclipse.org/mpc/archive.php, let the magic happen, restart eclipse and you should be good to go.
Re: Missing Marketplace [message #1201258 is a reply to message #1059779] Thu, 21 November 2013 16:57 Go to previous message
Alex Aiezz is currently offline Alex Aiezz
Messages: 2
Registered: November 2013
Junior Member
Russell Bateman wrote on Tue, 21 May 2013 10:43
On 5/14/2013 4:40 PM, Keith Spriggs wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm running kepler, but I would like to add in some
> applications, however it seem that the marketplace is missing.
> How would I go about installing it?
> Thanks in advance

It doesn't need "installing." It's part of Eclipse. While you give no
details at all to help you, likely you are behind a proxy that you have
not configured Eclipse for or, for some other reason, don't have access
from Eclipse to the Internet.



And that's where you are wrong Russell. Just like many other things in Eclipse, the Marketplace feature is a plugin! You are correct in saying though that "Classic" Eclipse, essentially a more bare version of eclipse with less pre-installed plugins, does not have the marketplace.

However it is completely possible to install it from here. http://www.eclipse.org/mpc/

Copy and paste the update site for your eclipse version http://www.eclipse.org/mpc/archive.php, let the magic happen, restart eclipse and you should be good to go.
Previous Topic:Why has UDC development been suspended?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Sep 17 09:41:50 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.12435 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software