Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Spring Web (3.2.2) + Jackson (1.9)
Spring Web (3.2.2) + Jackson (1.9) [message #1058400] Mon, 13 May 2013 23:14 Go to next message
Maarten Winkels is currently offline Maarten WinkelsFriend
Hi All,

I'm trying to migrate a web application to OSGi (Virgo) and now I run into the following problem:
406 - The resource identified by this request is only capable of generating responses with characteristics not acceptable according to the request "accept" headers.

The application uses spring-web and jackson. On the Virgo platform it seems to have problems to produce JSON.
What I find is that the MappingJacksonHttpMessageConverter is not configured.

Is there a way to make spring-web and jackson work on Virgo?

Thanks in advance,

-Maarten Winkels
Re: Spring Web (3.2.2) + Jackson (1.9) [message #1058717 is a reply to message #1058400] Tue, 14 May 2013 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pedro Mendoza is currently offline Pedro MendozaFriend
Hi Martin,

I am running into similar problems (see http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/482068/1048350/#msg_1048350)

Looks to me like there is an issue with Virgo loading the Jackson processors, but not clear what is the root reason

What version of Virgo are you using?, think latest Virgo release is still in Spring 3.1.0, think it is possible to upgrade it to newer releases of Spring but have not tried it

Best luck,
Pedro
Re: Spring Web (3.2.2) + Jackson (1.9) [message #1058737 is a reply to message #1058400] Tue, 14 May 2013 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maarten Winkels is currently offline Maarten WinkelsFriend
Hi Pedro (and all),

First of all: Thanks for your reply! I was thinking nobody would answer.

To answer your question: I'm using Virgo 3.6.1 but updated (the user region) to Spring 3.2.2. I had to update because of issues with CGlib and using spring java config.

To answer my own question: Adding jackson-core-asl and jackson-mapping-asl to repository/ext/ solves the problem. The jackson library must be resolved before spring-web is resolved to make the org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper available when the org.springframework.http.converter.json.MappingJacksonHttpMessageConverter loads.

Thanks,
-Maarten Winkels

[Updated on: Tue, 14 May 2013 19:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Spring Web (3.2.2) + Jackson (1.9) [message #1058743 is a reply to message #1058737] Tue, 14 May 2013 20:01 Go to previous message
Pedro Mendoza is currently offline Pedro MendozaFriend
Hi Maarten!

Thanks for sharing back!, I did follow your instruction and it is now fixed for me as well!

Not sure what could be the difference in terms of bundle resolution as I was previously manually deploying the Jacksons using AdminConsole, think will need to dig deeper into the order of loading of kernel and user region bundles?!

Anyway, thanks again!

Pedro

PS ... Apologizes for miss spelling your name in previous post!
Previous Topic:bundle in ext directory cannot be resolved
Next Topic:How to tell virgo to deploy my configurations first with eclipse tooling?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:06:52 GMT 2024