Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Making bundles in Nexus available to virgo instance
Making bundles in Nexus available to virgo instance [message #1058018] Fri, 10 May 2013 13:31
Maarten Winkels is currently offline Maarten Winkels
Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out a nice way of setting up an automated build environment with deployment to virgo instances in test (and later production) but I'm struggling with the provisioning concepts. How would you set this up?

My goal is to:
- build our application as a set of OSGi bundles on Jenkins.
- publish the artifacts to Nexus
-> I have read that Nexus can host these bundles in a p2 repository as well, not sure how this fits in.
- deploy the new version of the application automatically to a running virgo instance
- simplify deploying of the sofwtare to other (production) instances.

One extra contraint is that we want to use tomcat as a web container, hence we are using VTS.

My initial thought was that I could configure the virgo instance on our test machine to use the nexus (p2) as a remote repository, but and build a install a new plan in the virgo instance that would download new versions from nexus, but now I read that VTS does not support p2.

Maybe I can setup a virgo instance that looks at the (local) Maven repository on the Jenkins machine as a hosted repository, that other virgo instances look at?

How do you set this up?

Thanks!

-Maarten Winkels
Previous Topic:Virgo with CXF Web Services
Next Topic:Creating test - doesn't reach to the point where tests are executed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 23 12:31:09 GMT 2014