Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » overlaps the workspace location(Workspace Issue)
overlaps the workspace location [message #1057775] Wed, 08 May 2013 16:33 Go to next message
Sirish Vadala is currently offline Sirish VadalaFriend
Hello All... I am new to eclipse, was using Netbeans all the while.

Right now I have multiple EJB projects and a web project. I have created all my EJB projects under the folder D:\Model and am able to successfully deploy on WebLogic 12c. Now I need to create my web project in D:\ drive. My eclipse is mapped to workspace D:\Model.

However when I try to create a new web project in D:\, it gives me the following message:

D:\ overlaps the workspace location: D:\Model

Is there any way to fix this issue so that I can create my web project in D drive. I need to maintain this directory structure as to keep my source code in sync with the repository.

Any hints would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: overlaps the workspace location [message #1057796 is a reply to message #1057775] Wed, 08 May 2013 19:19 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Projects don't have to reside inside your workspace folder. You can leave the project source code outside the workspace by unchecking the Use Default Location when importing the project. That being said, I don't know that you could have a workspace anywhere on the D: drive and point to a project at the root of the drive. I would figure out a way to put the project is some sub directory.
Previous Topic:Href attribute for JavaScript links: "#" or "javascript:void(0)"?
Next Topic:Problem to install windows builder on juno
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:26:41 GMT 2024