Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Strange behavior with cspex file
Strange behavior with cspex file [message #1053812] Tue, 07 May 2013 16:43 Go to next message
Raphael Geissler is currently offline Raphael GeisslerFriend
Hi *,

I noticed a strange behavior with my attached cspex file.
If I copy the file to any eclipse bundle directly to the root folder, than buckminster is claiming about 'No component named [...] is known to Buckminster'.

For example, if I have a eclipse bundle my.eclipsebundle.buckminster and I copy the cspex file myconfig.cspex to the root folder of that bundle, then I get following message from buckminster:

Project refresh on my.eclipsebundle.buckminster failed: No component named my.eclipsebundle.buckminster is known to Buckminster

If I copy the file in a subfolder of that bundle, buckminster is claiming about nothing.

Is something wrong with my cspex file? Or is this a bug?

This happens in the IDE and also on my Jenkins build. In the IDE I'm using version 3.7, on my Jenkins version 4.2. So it seems to be quite version independent.

Best regards,

Raphael
Re: Strange behavior with cspex file [message #1057724 is a reply to message #1053812] Wed, 08 May 2013 13:21 Go to previous message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
>> If I copy the file in a subfolder of that bundle, buckminster is claiming about nothing.
As far as I know, a CSpec extension file must be in the root folder of the project, and named buckminster.cspex, which explains why you don't get an error when the cspex is in a subfolder.

Is myconfig.cspex still in the original project? Is that the exact name?

Previous Topic:Write-back to repositories?
Next Topic:Buckminster script execution stops after 'build -c'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:22:18 GMT 2024