|Cygwin: support for '(' and ')' in path to libraries without "lib" prefix [message #1053605]
||Mon, 06 May 2013 18:27
| Gidi Gal
Registered: July 2009
Hello to the forum members,|
This problem was reproduced both on Eclipse 3.6.2 and Eclipse 4.2.2.
1) Create a static library. Set it on a path that includes '(' and ')' characters.
2) Create an executable application that will link to this library through "other objects" section in Miscellaneous page (C\C++ Build -> Settings).
Try to build: Here's an example of what I received:
make: *** No rule to make target `/cygdrive/l/temp/base \(test\)/Debug/testLib.a', needed by `test.exe'. Stop.
I used an environment variable for the path to Debug folder with the following value:
3) Now, try to link using Libraries page, this works ok.
As far as I understand, in order to use the "Libraries" page, I need my library to have a "lib" prefix, which it does not. Currently I cannot change its name.
1) Is it possible to use Libraries page with library files that does not have a "lib" prefix ?
2) Is it possible to use Miscellaneous page to link to libraries on paths with '(' or ')' characters ?
Many thanks for your help,
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02684 seconds